• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] having trouble with my virgin mobile galaxy victory

i agree, even if 4g is good, the phone will heat up, will break pipeline, wifi driver will constant reboot unless you have the Wifi PSM off, wont lag on good 4g line, but our phones just cant take the beating of chip to chip, just too much heat. only time i can tether with out issues, is if phone plugged in the fridge, but then signal is lost..

Reactions: geekhandstrong
Upvote 0
portland has people, prob maybe the less clients on the towers, less stress to maintain up, i am pretty sure the more virgin/sprint phones on, the more hiccups

surrounded by city.. and i could be wrong, but when i was in bend oregon, (hell a lot smaller settlement) i had flawless access with no problems
but here in portland, phone bounces 3g to 4g to 3g to no signal, just bounces like mad, at times i do give up trying load a page, or buffer a song(wifi off)

and tether cant switch 3g to 4g while active, and that is how my tether keeps crashing is due the wireless bouncing connections 3g or 4g

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones