1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Virgin Mobile] Help! Do I have options?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DSloan0917, Jul 25, 2013.

1. DSloan0917

DSloan0917 Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2013
    Female
    Tulsa
    Hello everyone! I'm new here, and I'm sorry to make my first post a "DERP" post, but I need some help. I unlocked the bootloader on my Verizon SCH-I535, installed ClockWorkMod recovery and SuperUser, ROM Manager, and Cyanogenmod Downloader. I downloaded what I THOUGHT was the newest Cyanogenmod for my device, so I followed the steps to install it.

I backed up my stock ROM to my external card.

Wiped the appropriate stuff (including dalvik cache and battery stats)

But when I went to install Cyanogenmod, the .zip wasn't there. It was nowhere.

So I freaked for 3 seconds, then remembered I had backed up my stock ROM.

I followed all the proper steps to reinstall it...
    and got "MD5 mismatch!" via ClockworkMod Recovery.

All I can do with the phone now is turn it on, get the Samsung logo followed by the Samsung Galaxy SIII logo, and remove the batt to turn it off. I am not able to get Odin 4.03 to recognize the device when it is connected as it is doing nothing to force my USB drivers to recognize it.

Here's the thing.

My kid and my hubbs also have this phone. There are 3 in my house. I have not rooted their phones yet. I am wondering if there is some way to utilize one of their phones with my memory card or SIM to help fix this crap?

I am comfortable with unlocking their bootloaders, although I won't be trying to flash a custom ROM to their phones. I just want to be able to put the stock back on my phone and un-be-screw it.

I hope someone here can help! I'll send cookies!

Advertisement

2. ENVi3

ENVi3 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 11, 2012
    Male
    Kansas City
    Hello, this is the Virgin Mobile section of the forum, but there's universal ways to help you get out of this.
    It sounds like all you need to do is just boot into recovery, wipe everything again, and then just flash a ROM. If you have a external SD card you can just connect that to a PC or another SIII and download a ROM onto that and put it on your phone. Just make sure you're choosing the "install from external SD" option in CWM recovery when you look for the zip. I suggest you look into the Verizon section of these forums to find a ROM for you to flash. Here's a link to a stock rooted ROM for Verizon: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2332840