• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] How do I get my Baseband back to MG5 from ND4

I flashed a stock MG5zip and got my build number back to MG5 so now how do I get the baseband back to MG5 fro0m ND4, the reason is this, I have three victory's, I rooted all three, all three were MG5, somehow, and don't ask me how as I have no idea, two of them are now ND4 and the one that I use all the time (connected to VM) is still MG5, now I use all three all the time, I just use the other two with wi-fi. The one I use all the time that is connected to VM (for the phone), I installed Link2SD and partitioned the SD card appropriately and it works great, but when I try with either of the other two it tells me mount scripts aren't right and I can't seem to get it even through I did everything the same as the first time. Any help for this, I have searched the threads all last week but couldn't find anything to help me and I figger that the ND4 rom is just to new? ?????

I flashed a stock MG5zip and got my build number back to MG5 so now how do I get the baseband back to MG5 fro0m ND4, the reason is this, I have three victory's, I rooted all three, all three were MG5, somehow, and don't ask me how as I have no idea, two of them are now ND4 and the one that I use all the time (connected to VM) is still MG5, now I use all three all the time, I just use the other two with wi-fi. The one I use all the time that is connected to VM (for the phone), I installed Link2SD and partitioned the SD card appropriately and it works great, but when I try with either of the other two it tells me mount scripts aren't right and I can't seem to get it even through I did everything the same as the first time. Any help for this, I have searched the threads all last week but couldn't find anything to help me and I figger that the ND4 rom is just to new? ?????

You can't go back. But nothing in nd4 stops link2sd. Delete the mount script and start again. Its in system/etc/init.d/ .
Its 11link2sd. Delete that then try link2sd again.

Reactions: Teddor58
Upvote 0
I have a MNG5 to ND4 zip should I flash that so I don't have a mixed phone?
On the phone that I am having a problem with I completely factory reset it, re-rooted it formated the sd card, re-partitioned it re-installed superSU, Busybox and Link2SD Plus and I still get "mount script cannot be created" "mount: Invalid argument" There was nothing at system/etc/init.d/ or at least nothing that pertained to Link2sd

Upvote 0
Maybe your system isn't mounted as writeable.
I've seen varying results on flashing the nd4 zip on a mixed phone. For some it flashes fine, easy peasy. For most it throws an assert 7 error.
I've never had link2sd not be able to create the mount script, but I've never mixed up my system and baseband before, flashing the mg5 zip on an nd4 phone is never advised. But I have 2 victories on nd4 with link2sd working fine. Is it getting root permission from SuperSU? Have you opened SuperSU to make sure binaries are up to date? Also open your busybox installer an make sure your that's updated as well.

Upvote 0
OK, so I finally partition my SD card about 4 times and finally get it to accept the links from Link2SD and i Link everything (user apps) that has been working even without Link2SD, and go to get the rest of my apps (the apps that I couldn't keep because of space) and I download one, fine and then on the very next one I get the message Error: Insufficient Storage Available. I am soooooo pissed I need to put this away for the night, just so it dosn't see the side of a brick wall, and see what you have to say tomorrow. Have a good night, brother.

Upvote 0
OK, so I finally partition my SD card about 4 times and finally get it to accept the links from Link2SD and i Link everything (user apps) that has been working even without Link2SD, and go to get the rest of my apps (the apps that I couldn't keep because of space) and I download one, fine and then on the very next one I get the message Error: Insufficient Storage Available. I am soooooo pissed I need to put this away for the night, just so it dosn't see the side of a brick wall, and see what you have to say tomorrow. Have a good night, brother.

If its accepting links the apps may not be what's eating all the storage. Don't use the SD swap script, (internal2externalsd). But check your internal SD storage. I use es file explorer, it has SD analyst that shows everything on internal and how much space its using.
I'm older than 30 but younger than 40 (not by much) by the way. (Shhh, don't tell anyone) lol.

Upvote 0
I sure do appreciate your looking into it for me as this was to total for rooting my phone in the first place, so I could get more room for apps. I tried doing a factory reset and redoing the whole thing with no better results, I really don't care which phone it works on as I'll just hook that one up to VM, So MG5 or ND4 either or. Thanks again and do have yourself a great weekend. You wouldn't want to be here as it's over 100 today!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones