• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] How do I get my MSL?

That's only for a select few HTC phones so that wont work. The easiest way to find it is to just call Virgin Mobile and ask for it. Theres no questions asked they will just give it to you. There is also a way if you download a terminal emulator you can try entering 'su' then 'getprop ril.MSL' but from my experience it hasn't worked on my phone specifically (could be the ROM) but you should give it a try.

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
That's only for a select few HTC phones so that wont work. The easiest way to find it is to just call Virgin Mobile and ask for it. Theres no questions asked they will just give it to you. There is also a way if you download a terminal emulator you can try entering 'su' then 'getprop ril.MSL' but from my experience it hasn't worked on my phone specifically (could be the ROM) but you should give it a try.

I called three times and they claim they cannot provide "that information" because they only want their phones to be used exclusively on their network. Unless you're positive, I guess I'm going to have to find another way.

Upvote 0
I've had Virgin provide my msl in the past without much issue, depends on who you talk to, try to get past the first line of script readers and get transferred to tech support. :D
OB

Hmm, if I recall correctly, there is a number different from the script reader department that is located in the United States. Anybody know it?

EDIT: I managed to get it after begging through messaging them on their Facebook page, but if anyone finds a better way, please share! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones