1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] I hate this phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Prevailgfx, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Prevailgfx

Prevailgfx Lurker

Ever since I rooted my phone (Used Philz Touch recovery and am currently on conquest singularity rom 9.3) I've had nothing but issues with my phone.

Even using the battery power saver mode feature on conquest, my battery drains from 92% to 0% in under 5 hours at COMPLETE IDLE, not being used at all and having all apps force stopped so nothing is running. Yes, I said 92%. It won't charge to 100% only 92%. I can't use a charging cable in my phone as ever since I rooted it doesn't seem to work. Not that I couldn't of just happened to **** up the charging input, though. When it's plugged in it connects and reconnects endlessly so I have a separate charger I use to charge my phone.
    Idk what to do.

Sick of this phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alexizawesome

alexizawesome Well-Known Member

I haven't used that rom as a daily driver but I have tested it and it never gave me problems( I'm a latest os freak). Last time I checked Conquest Singularity was on version 9.4. You might want to try updating . As for not charging past 92℅ I would suggest you clear the Dalvik Cache in Philz Recovery -> Advanced. I've read that has fixed that issue for other people. Can you clarify what you mean by "it connects and recconects endlessly"?

3. David Dubz

David Dubz Android Enthusiast

You can always try to reflash stock then reroot. Try flashing complete stock again. If it's still messing up, it's probably the phone itself rather than the root or the rom

4. Ab5traktion

Ab5traktion Android Enthusiast

Sounds like you're having a kernel issue. Might be causing the better drain. You can try finding a Touchwiz 4.4.2 kernel is you're going to stay with Conquest. Or even download Trickster MOD and underclocking the kernel. It actually could be the ROM that's messing your phone up. There are certain ROMs I can't run. Maybe try an AOSP stock Android ROM. I've got a list of a lot of them. Just keep trying things until they work for you.

5. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

I'm unsure of which version of android conquest is but a few versions of android 4+ had Massive Massive issues with the email app leaking memory and draining the battery

Also you mention force closing apps, if your using an app killer your killing the battery yourself

Android isn't setup like a PC, if an android app closes in absolutely anyway except the standard closing it, the app restarts in the background all by itself

Running an app killer causes head butts as I call them, the killer kills the app, android restarts it, killer kills it, android opens it so on and so fourth

Another huge issue with battery drain is Rouge apps as they are referred to, which are apps that for absolutely no reason continue to run and eat increasingly more and more resources, facebook is one of the largest culprits but there are many since google pretty much allows anyone to make apps that do anything lol

There was even a guy one time who proved it, he created an app called "this app does nothing at all" or something similar and although it didn't actually charge it was listed as being $1,000, in less then 24 hours the app was downloaded millions of times lol

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews