1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Virgin Mobile] I have MG2 need advice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dadealus, Jan 4, 2014.

1. dadealus

dadealus Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2014
    I tried searching around for some answers and not really sure where I stand.

Currently the phone is rooted and has TWRP installed and is L710VPAMG2

I have the stock TW rom currently running. It is prompting me every so often to update which I am avoiding because I do not know what version it is going to upgrade me to and I'm not sure if its better or worse as far as getting custom roms.

What I would love to do is get CM11 on this phone with 4G and MMS

My questions is what roms can I flash if my phone is L710VPAMG2. And is there any negatives no LTE or MMS?

Or do I need to apply an update?

Thanks a ton guys for any feed back

Advertisement

2. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member
    None

Oct 9, 2012
    Male
    Colorado
    You are in an ideal situation as far as your bootloader and being rooted. DO NOT accept any update, and get away from official stock as soon as possible. If you try to update to the Knox 4.3 with custom recovery in place, it will most likely cause weird issues for your phone in the first place, as the update needs 100% stock setup to install properly (stock ROM and stock recovery). For starters, you will want to read through all the sticky threads, there is one about Knox specifically, and also read through my tutorial for modifying Sprint ROM's, and then get back to me either by posting or feel free to send me a PM. I am usually up very late, so if I am still up, which is always likely, I will respond back. Again, avoid that "update!"

sean19661 and TheBritton like this.