1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] I messed up my phone. Yeah.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickp22127, Dec 13, 2013.

1. nickp22127

nickp22127 Newbie

So. I have an s3 for virgin mobile. I successfully rooted it, tried installing a rom multiple times, all of which failed, and now I don't even know what's going on. I have an unknown network, unknown mobile network type, etc. If anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated!

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Make sure you are flashing ROMs for your phone (Virgin Mobile), not any other carriers or models. Also, are you doing a complete wipe before flashing/installing ROMs? Are you using a custom recovery or an app to install ROMs? It's better to use a custom recovery.

3. nickp22127

nickp22127 Newbie

I used a virgin mobile s3 rom. I did a complete wipe. I tried using clockwork recovery, but for some reason I couldn't get it to work for me. So basically now I'm just trying to get my phone back to where it's usable again. Custom rom or not.

4. mobclan

mobclan Android Enthusiast

Get the stock rom

5. nickp22127

nickp22127 Newbie

I know I must be doing something wrong. I've tried installing the stock rom, or what I was led to believe was the stock rom. My phone won't even let me install roms. I think it said something about a certificate error.

6. mobclan

What is your model

7. nickp22127

nickp22127 Newbie

sph-l710

8. ViralGold

ViralGold Well-Known Member

PM a Mod and ask them to move this to the Virgin - All Things Root Section at bottom of the page. Maybe a better chance of a reply / fix.

9. mobclan

To easy man Google search i710 unroot

10. nickp22127

nickp22127 Newbie

Ok, so how do I PM a mod? I might've misunderstood you, but I don't see the link.

11. nickp22127

nickp22127 Newbie

well my phone won't recognize that it's rooted. and won't let me reroot.

12. mobclan

No man is going to go back to stock ROM so u won't run to any problems

13. ViralGold

http://androidforums.com/

Scroll to bottom of the page and it has Staff Online Now, click one of the names in red and PM them, tell them where your thread is and ask if they can move it to the Virgin Mobile - All Things Root section.

mydian likes this.
  14. ViralGold

I also should have mentioned where the Virgin Mobile - All Things Root section is so you can find it.

If you go back 1 page from this thread, back into the s3 section, scroll to bottom of the page and it has all the Root Sub Forums for different S3 models / carriers.

Good luck getting your phone back up and running.

15. nickp22127

nickp22127 Newbie

I'm somewhat new to this. Do you have a link? I'm looking on google, I don't know if I'm looking in the right places or not.

what I found were methods that required me to have a root. Which I do, but apps like triangle away or anything else that requires su permission won't work.

16. mydian

mydian Android Expert

You probably need a newer version of recovery. Check out the Virgin Mobile root section that dmcjr22 posted a link to. You'll get better responses in there from lot's of very friendly people.

dmcjr22 and tube517 like this.
  17. olbriar

olbriar  

Here you go nickp. Good luck and thanks for using these forums.

dustwun77 and Mikestony like this.
  18. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

All right buddy, some details please. How new is your phone, what build was it running before you rooted, and what specific ROM did you flash?

dustwun77 and Mikestony like this.
  19. nickp22127

nickp22127 Newbie

I don't know what build I was on, all I can really tell you about it is that it was the latest one available for the phone. The Phone itself is pretty new, I bought it new about 2 months ago. And I tried flashing MIUI v5 I believe.

20. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

Two more questions. Did you accept an OTA message to upgrade to 4.3? And do you know how to boot into download mode manually?

21. nickp22127

nickp22127 Newbie

I don't believe i accepted an ota. But i do know how to get into download mode.

22. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

OK, so re-reading your original post, I am pretty sure I have a fix for you. Download the stock/rooted Knox-free ROM from jdsingle76 and install it. Let it "settle" for about 10 minutes after first boot-don't do anything, just let it sit and run. Go into the phone settings, update your PRL and Profile, your network info, PRL, IMEI, all that should now recognize again. Sorry as well for whatever hassle you got in order to reach this forum, looks like some members were super-helpful, and others very much not helpful. Welcome to the VM Root forums!

http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobile-galaxy-s3-all-things-root/800776-rom-mk5-stock-odexed-deodexed-virgin-mobile-boost-mobile.html

jdsingle76 likes this.
  23. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

Good. These are all going to be relevant shortly, but first do what I am suggesting in the reply I was typing while you were also replying (should be right above this one). You are a ninja apparently, you will fit in just fine here!

24. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

Forgot to mention, you will definitely want to switch to Philz Touch as your recovery instead of CWM.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews