1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] I wanna know more about root for galaxy victory

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by derricknc94, Aug 6, 2014.

1. derricknc94

derricknc94 Lurker

Hi, ive been playing around with android for couple years ive had a few different rooted phones i did myself. my current phone is the samsung galaxy victory ive rooted it and been using xposd to mod the stock rom but i wanna put cyanogenmod on it. cant realy find much info about it. i also wanna know how to build my own rom. how do i write kernals. i wanna set my phone up to run the way i want it to:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

3. the_Victorian

the_Victorian Member

I am currently working on cyanogen mod 10.0 but don't expect it anytime soon. I'm setting my goal to make my first alpha release before 2015. Try out nick_73's ROM in the mean time....

4. mscheaf

mscheaf Member

Good luck. I rooted this phone and wish every day I never did it. Now I get constant nags screens for updates that fail. With no solution at all but to just live with it. I want to slam this phone on the pavement and stomp it to dust.

5. the_Victorian

the_Victorian Member

Dude all you have to do is run the update zip or unroot if you like. Just check nick_73' page for the file. Good luck.

-the_Victorian

6. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

The method I gave you worked for many other people. If it doesn't work for you, yours is a dud, I say :beer:. Lol. Hey you posted this problem everywhere, the least I can do is answer as many as I can find. Lmao

7. SteboMT

SteboMT Member

Stock rooted with WiFi tether, and optimized I would buy it again cause it fits in my shirt pocket with a Aimo dual armor case with kickstand.

It's also very fast when you get battery doctor and "forbid" certain programs to start up. Nice having 256mb RAM free!

8. mscheaf

mscheaf Member

Dude...

I
    DON'T
    UNDERSTAND
    THESE
    INSTRUCTIONS

I have said over and over and over I am an idiot and you guys are not dumbing it down enough for me. I literally need step by step, rudimentary instructions as if you are trying to show a person from 1543.

I realize no one wants to do that. It's a lot of work and what do you get out of it. I am giving up.

9. mscheaf

mscheaf Member

Will do. Looking at feature phones right now and will smash this one as soon as I get it.

Samsung Galaxy Victory Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Victory release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews