• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Interested in what ROMs/mods/kernels etc. people are using

Ab5traktion

Android Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2012
So, I'm just wondering the setup people are using on their phones.

Currently, I'm running Paranoid Android Legacy d2lte Beta2 build with the BMS kernel. So far, so smooth. I like the integration of the Android L stack recent apps panel. I also have like 15 Xposed Frameworks modules running too. The Blurred System UI module let's you create the blurred notifications panel. You can choose whatever color you want. The Tinted Status Bar module allows to change the color of anything I'm the status bar. Plus, I'm also using Pie Control Pro, the1lucent icon pack, and Nue CM11 theme.

What's running on your phone?

I should say that this isn't for AOSP ROMs exclusively. Post your TouchWiz ROMs also. Just curious what people are running on their phones.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-15-22-19-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-15-22-19-30.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_2014-08-15-22-28-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-15-22-28-26.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_2014-08-15-22-24-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-15-22-24-05.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_2014-08-15-22-21-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-15-22-21-45.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_2014-08-15-22-21-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-15-22-21-56.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 57
I tried Liquid Smooth but couldn't get voicemail notifications to work or the visual voicemail app. Apart from that, I liked it. I'm just experimenting with Paranoid Android right now. And the BMS kernel is helping my phone run smoother.

Voicemail is also a problem in CM11, have not even tried in LS yet. I used visual voicemail in CM and I got my messages most of the time.

Upvote 0
How does Conquest compare to running stock TouchWiz? Is it kind of like the M.O.A.R. ROM?

By default, Conquest is TouchWiz based but does away with most of the TouchWiz stuff in favor of AOSP or Google counterparts. If you prefer the TW apps, most of the removed components can be installed by electing to customize during installation. I've added a lot of stuff not present in stock TW as well. There is also theme support. End advertisement.

Really though, it's best to have a quick look at the screenshots and change log if you wanna know how it stacks up to stock. Sorry I couldn't give a better comparison but I'm not familiar with M.O.A.R.

Upvote 0
By default, Conquest is TouchWiz based but does away with most of the TouchWiz stuff in favor of AOSP or Google counterparts. If you prefer the TW apps, most of the removed components can be installed by electing to customize during installation. I've added a lot of stuff not present in stock TW as well. There is also theme support. End advertisement.

Really though, it's best to have a quick look at the screenshots and change log if you wanna know how it stacks up to stock. Sorry I couldn't give a better comparison but I'm not familiar with M.O.A.R.

M.O.A.R stood for Mother Of All ROMs. It was a TouchWiz ROM that let you customize anything and everything about it.

Conquest looks sweet. I like the fusion between AOSP and TouchWiz. And don't worry about the advertisement. I think this thread is pretty much advertising ROMs.

Upvote 0
Daily: LiquidSmooth [Deathly Kernel [Included]] - Stock ROM: Conquest [Included Kernel]

I don't use any mods like Xposed or anything, except Viper4Android audio mods

Viper4Android is amazing. I think it's the best audio mod for Android...if rooted, of course.

What I do like about Liquid Smooth and Paranoid Android is how when adjusting the volume, it pops down from the status bar. Looks cool and it's out of the way.

Upvote 0
M.O.A.R stood for Mother Of All ROMs. It was a TouchWiz ROM that let you customize anything and everything about it.

Conquest looks sweet. I like the fusion between AOSP and TouchWiz. And don't worry about the advertisement. I think this thread is pretty much advertising ROMs.

Yeah I don't think I have quite that much customization in Conquest but I do have a few treats coming up in the next release.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones