1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [Virgin Mobile] Issues Restoring Backup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Epixtruth, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Epixtruth

Epixtruth Newbie

So I know everyone is busy with the new firmware update, but i just had a small issue i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on...

So I created a back up right after installing stock ROM and updating everything and installing my needed apps. (we will call this backup "stock" from now on) I just created a new backup today as I wanted to play around in titanium and freeze some things. (we will call this backup "today" from now on)

So I proceed to bork my system by freezing the wrong thing in titanium... oops not biggie have backup. Except when I restore my today backup it hangs on samsung boot screen. But when I restore my stock backup everything boots fine. On both restores I have wiped cache, dev cache, system, and did factory restore. I did notice on my today backup it would prompt me to fix root (i tried both ways saying yes and no) but with my stock backup it did not prompt me to fix root.

My question is, is there anything i can do with my today backup in order to get it recovered correctly.

Thanks for you help guys.

Advertisement