1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] Looking For Recent Updated Stock Messaging APK

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by axelxbc, Oct 28, 2014.

1. axelxbc

axelxbc Member

I just flashed the newest Dirty Unicorn Test Build Rom (10/25) and noticed that GAPPS 4.4.4 only has hangouts. I understand I could download an older GAPPS, but can anyone point me in the right direction to download JUST the stock messaging Google single APK? Thanks in advance. I am a frequent member of this forum, but everyone is so helpful here I rarely need to post anything. :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cmichael258

cmichael258 Well-Known Member

If you go to Play Store and type in "Messaging", it should be the first one listed.

Sorry, just checked my wife's stock phone and that isn't it.

3. axelxbc

axelxbc Member

Thanks for your input guys. I did in fact try searching the app store and of course none by Google. And MajorOutage, I am looking for the APP itself, not the Fix. Maybe someone would be kind enough to extract theirs and upload it for me through Titanium Backup?!?! I can only manage to find the huge packs of GAPPS, and not the individual APK's by themselves.

4. David Dubz

David Dubz Android Enthusiast

5. axelxbc

axelxbc Member

Hmmm. Downloaded and everything David. But the application will not install? I even have "Unknown Services" checked. This has not happened before. Checked my version of Android and is indeed 4.4.4. Any ideas?

6. alexizawesome

alexizawesome Well-Known Member

Its in the playstore too. Gotta search for aosp messenger/messaging . The stock Google messaging app is actually hangouts. I think you flashed stock gapps. Full gapps doesn't replace it I believe .

7. axelxbc

axelxbc Member

I seen the Aosp messenger/messaging one, but did not want anything altered, as that one is a different developer. Was just looking for the stock one. I do realize the newer gapps does not have it, but was going to install the last, latest version which I think was included in Gapps 4.4.2. Just cannot find it anywhere.

8. axelxbc

axelxbc Member

9. David Dubz

David Dubz Android Enthusiast

You need to take the apk file and copy and paste it into system/priv-app on your phone using a file explorer and then set the permissions to rw-r-r

axelxbc likes this.
  10. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

I have a copy of the lollipop messenger app if anyone wants it. Its pretty basic but beautiful and it works great on KitKat. You can just install it as a user app.

11. vargaset

vargaset Newbie

Can you please put the link for this? Thanks!

12. axelxbc

axelxbc Member

The messenger app is crazy colorful! I had to go back to stock, lol. Kinda gives you an idea what they have in mind for Lollipop as a whole though.

13. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Here it is lollipop messenger
    You can install it as a user app if you want.

Update: Apparently the lollipop messenger crashes when you try to attach a picture. I posted a fixed version HERE Enjoy! :cool:

vargaset likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews