• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] lte mms and group messaging cm 11

This is the way to get lte and mms working as well as 3g mms and group messaging:
device l710pubmkf (no knox)
android 4.41

1.do a clean flash of nightly 11-20131208-nightly-d2spr
2.reboot
3. download handcent from market
4. make default messaging
5. go to application settings in handcent; under mms settings go to carrier setup
6. click manual
7. enter this exactly http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms? no quotes
8.hit ok
7. under application settings scroll to bottom; turn on thread group conversation

enjoy

This is the way to get lte and mms working as well as 3g mms and group messaging:
device l710pubmkf (no knox)
android 4.41

1.do a clean flash of nightly 11-20131208-nightly-d2spr
2.reboot
3. download handcent from market
4. make default messaging
5. go to application settings in handcent; under mms settings go to carrier setup
6. click manual
7. enter this exactly http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms? no quotes
8.hit ok
7. under application settings scroll to bottom; turn on thread group conversation

enjoy

I believe most of us went with the hangouts and MopedRyders 2nd fix.

Reactions: ssethv
Upvote 0
I want to go to 4.42 but last time the camera was messed up... I will try again with 12-21-13 build. If it doesn't work that's what nandroids are for .....

Camera issue was fixed on 12/15/2013 build from CyanogenMod. It was possible to use a third-party app, like Cymera (from Play Store) as a workaround on the builds where camera was borked (I think it was just roughly from 12/12-12/14); finding that app would never have happened for me if camera hadn't been an issue, so somewhat of a silver lining! Other thing to look out for is that there were some bluetooth issues around that same time frame, but in general it seems like CyanogenMod crew is working to resolve bugs like that as fast as they can. The changelogs since then haven't indicated any major fixes, so anything from 12/15 on should be good, I have been using that particular build heavily with no issues whatsoever.

Reactions: destroynirvana
Upvote 0
Well this is what's happening for me. I installed cm 11 12-29-2013 couldn't get hangouts to work I did a titanium app restore when hangouts had the apn settings no go so I decided to use chomp I would enter the apn in chomp mms after I close chomp and open it the apn would be set to sprints apn weird thing is I could send and receive mms via lte I used mopedryders mod 1 and it would be set on lte but when I open the apn for lte it show the correct mmsc but all the rest is sprint I would try to edit the rest but the apn for lte Disney stick even after I hit save any ideas?

Upvote 0
OK here's what I did to get mms working on cm.11 build 12-29-2013. Ok I flashed cm.11 with no gapps
first then I booted up cm.11 went into APN settings deleted all the apns rebooted into recovery did a factory reset then i found the APN fix called MG2 APN fix flashed it booted up the phone not getting the error android.phone.processes Message also the I downloaded chomp SMS sent a MMS to my self works perfect also if you long press the photo you sent it will let you see the APN settings and mine are correct now the way it should be 😃
P.S I set chomp to default SMS also disabled receive in stock sms .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones