• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] maximum performance

mudflap2020

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2013
wouldn't it be cool if someone made a rom that gives maximum performance with the ui striped to its roots, with animations that are iphone smooth, but I don't know if this is possible, can android phones have motionblur effect when scrolling, to make it look more smoother? and gpu overclock for people who want deadtrigger at crazy 60fps or nova 3 butter smooth, I hate lag in games and im sure if youre here you do too, so if you are a rom developer, I please ask of you to make a rom that makes your phone faster than a stock xperia z or something really fast for the power users with root and cr. also is there a way to make the lcd more vibrant like how the bravia engine 2 engine does, it it possible to get bravia engine 2 on this phone by flashing it? because my friend has galaxy s2 and it looks soo good the contrast, sharpness at the same ******* resolution even bigger, and my phone looks like bleh,

The victorious rom has a built in kernel upgrade that unlocks the cpu so that it runs at 1.5ghz instead of 1.2... I'm sure there will be more improvements to come and have heard talk about unlocking the GPU as well...

As for the screen, the biggest difference is that the S2 (as well as most of the GALAXY line) uses a Super AMOLED screen, and the Victory has a TFT LCD. So it will never look as good. That's also why it doesn't cost as much!

Upvote 0
The victorious rom has a built in kernel upgrade that unlocks the cpu so that it runs at 1.5ghz instead of 1.2... I'm sure there will be more improvements to come and have heard talk about unlocking the GPU as well...

As for the screen, the biggest difference is that the S2 (as well as most of the GALAXY line) uses a Super AMOLED screen, and the Victory has a TFT LCD. So it will never look as good. That's also why it doesn't cost as much!
the sony xperia z is tft also but when enabled the sony bravia engine 2 makes everything puch you in the face with flying colrs and I would prefer the kernel to allow the cpu to overclock to 2hz when you want for the power users and I would like to unlock the gpu performance for overclocking it for super nice fast games really smooth gameplay, even at 1.5hz nova 3 lags

Upvote 0
Bravia engine 2 makes the contest higher better sharpness and moor enhanced video also I already flashed victorious and enabled gpu rendering, I just want a kernal with gpu boost clock a cpu overclock that exceeds 1.8ghz and a rom that is minimal in ui but is smooth like the iphone

You will never need anything over 1.5 for this phone. Nova 3 runs perfect for as well as need for speed.

Upvote 0
Well then maybe you don't want to run past 1.5, but if anyone needs someone to test 1.8 I will, need for speed lags for me at times and nova 3 gets choppy ass hell not to mention how subway surf studders at 1.51ghz with gpu acceleration wtf, I need mour power lol, but I want to squezz every bit of performance out of my phonr, even if I have to use liquid nirtogen to cool it down or something like that, and I really want a gpu boost for the kernel, I feel like a pc ganer, if its not 60fps its unplayable lol jk but I want super smooth graphics and a stripped down ui for sure.

Upvote 0
Stock is 1.2 capped. Uncapped is 1.5. Jupiter built a 1.9 kernel that seemed to be workable, so the phone has potential.

As for Nova 3, the victory has S3 hardware. Same chipset (minus some L2 cache) and same gpu. If the S3 cant do what youre expecting, the Victory cant. If the S3 can, then you either need to figure out how yourself or wait for our underappreciated devs to lay the groundwork and then build ROMs that meet your outrageous demands.

Edit: and 'somebody should' is the most irresponsible phrase in the english language. It speaks to the entitlement mindset like a siren song. Why isnt that somebody you, if it's so damn easy? Oh, it's not easy, but "somebody should" still do it so that you can nerdgasm over 60fps on a recent release in a $150 phone with no more effort than a 15 minute download and 5 clicks to flash.

I didnt see any pleases or thank yous.

Reactions: FoxyDrew
Upvote 0
Well then maybe you don't want to run past 1.5, but if anyone needs someone to test 1.8 I will, need for speed lags for me at times and nova 3 gets choppy ass hell not to mention how subway surf studders at 1.51ghz with gpu acceleration wtf, I need mour power lol, but I want to squezz every bit of performance out of my phonr, even if I have to use liquid nirtogen to cool it down or something like that, and I really want a gpu boost for the kernel, I feel like a pc ganer, if its not 60fps its unplayable lol jk but I want super smooth graphics and a stripped down ui for sure.

I haven't had any stuttering issues. To me it sounds like maybe the SD card you are using isn't fast enough. You might try testing the speeds and possibly adjusting the read-ahead cache. The other idea is to check what is running on the phone. Running autostarts, adjusting notification settings, and generally optimizing the way things are stored.
The only time the phone ever seems to stutter or lag is when I use the internal storage. If I have my internal and external swapped, and use link2sd, on my class 10 card, everything works without stutter and opens pretty quickly for a phone. (1000x faster than windows 8 apps open on my quad core pc with 8gb of ram...lol)

Upvote 0
Well im not getting lag per say but androidis so heavy I quess ans it slows it down, I use my phone its ok, then I pick up brothers iphone 5 with 1.2ghz proccesor and 3 200mhz gpu"s and everything on my phones seems so unsmooth like the pulldown notification bar, it chopps up when you pull it bit doesn't lag also the galaxy s 2 notification bar is smooth as glass when you pull it down. And another thing is I don't see games framrate stay the same it always fluxtuates with Time, even with airplane mode on, and no other apps runnig, AND clocked 1.5ghz with gpu rendering, not to mention how a Samsung galaxy s3 blew my phone away in graphics and framrate with asphalt 7 and need for speed, so I dont know, I plan on making a rom that meets my megatron thirst for power and maybe you guys will try it when I get around to doing it.

Upvote 0
Well im not getting lag per say but androidis so heavy I quess ans it slows it down, I use my phone its ok, then I pick up brothers iphone 5 with 1.2ghz proccesor and 3 200mhz gpu"s and everything on my phones seems so unsmooth like the pulldown notification bar, it chopps up when you pull it bit doesn't lag also the galaxy s 2 notification bar is smooth as glass when you pull it down. And another thing is I don't see games framrate stay the same it always fluxtuates with Time, even with airplane mode on, and no other apps runnig, AND clocked 1.5ghz with gpu rendering, not to mention how a Samsung galaxy s3 blew my phone away in graphics and framrate with asphalt 7 and need for speed, so I dont know, I plan on making a rom that meets my megatron thirst for power and maybe you guys will try it when I get around to doing it.
Good Luck! ;)

Reactions: mudflap2020
Upvote 0
FYI- If you want to live dangerously, you can be the guinea pig for Shazam!

What's Shazam you ask? How about typing Shazam into your phone and having it jump instantly to 2.5Ghz?

Note- This can an probably will damage phones with inferior chips. If you currently do not score at least 12000 on Antutu with max/min clock speeds set to max and governor to performance, or you crash when attempting such settings, DO NOT RAISE YOUR HAND TO TEST!

Seriously, this is dangerous stuff here. Our phone's chip is only rated to 1.2 officially, and 1.5 unofficially. The fact most seem to be able to handle 1.8 is reassuring, but I actually do not recommend anyone try Shazam (not sure if I'll even try it on my phone ;))

PM me if you like living dangerously, but be prepared to have a $200 brick in your hands!

Upvote 0
Hey im.trying to play gta or other games and my phone say cannot acces e,ternal.files directory, how do.I fix this I cannot play my sd games anymore and I dont know why or how this happened, jerryscript, is there zomething wrong with the fusion vortex storage system.in my phone, is the sd bad, or the flux reator.crashing lol jk, but I really need help to.fix this

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones