• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] MidnightRom:GS3 JB 1.0.4 9/1/2013 Supercharged stock

I bought my VM S3 Friday. I rooted and have made a CWM back-up, before i re-installed Titanium Back-up and after I installed all my necessary apps, then made another back-up.
I am thrilled with the phone thus far. No issues.
Here's my question: Knowing I can revert to the back ups, is there any reason not to try this ROM? I have used the Harmonia ROM's on my last two phones, simply because of the simplistic, stock build. I want to do my personal tweaks, but at this point, do not want to sacrifice any performances.
Any input would be gratefully appreciated.

Upvote 0
I can't find a link for the apn fix. Can someone link me?

EDIT: nevermind I found it lol.

EDIT 2: Arrgh. So I was able to back up my APN but I can't restore it cause it said something about not being able to restore on 4.0+. Also, I flashed MOD #1 of MopedRyders. It took forever to get the data to work but right now. Only 3G is working. I can't send MMS to myself :S.

EDIT 3: Okay. I got the old APNs back. But here's a thought. Does anyone have the original APNs from the stock version of this phone? I specifically remember 4G actually working for me before I flashed this Midnight ROM.

I sent you a pm. This rom is basically stock and should have stock apns. You could also flash MG2 Ryder ROM as it is also basically stock.

MG2_RYDER ROM: http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6134274

Upvote 0
I sent you a pm. This rom is basically stock and should have stock apns. You could also flash MG2 Ryder ROM as it is also basically stock.

MG2_RYDER ROM: [ROM][MG2] <MG2_RYDER> [9/12/2013] [w/addons] - Android Forums

Turns out my 4G actually does work. Its weird. I live in Northern California and I use to be able to get 4G in my room. I'm down here in Southern California and I'm able to get 4G, which I wasn't able to get with my S2. My S2 did get 4G in NorCal though. So this is definitely weird lol.

Upvote 0
ZOMFG I'M ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so explanation time I suppose.

For the past few months I've been just totally burned out with devving. Life got really intense and...yeah >.> That's just about all I wanna say about that lol.

Anyways....Since there has been a new 4.3 update I'll soon be working on a 4.3 MNR for all you guys ^_^

So stay tuned!

It maaay take a few days though to get work started on it. My dad currently has my GS3 as I switched to the iPhone 5S.
(I know I know. Hiss away xD)

Upvote 0
I flashed your rom, love it so far, especially switching from lte to wifi and back. All the 4.3 roms I've tried all had this issue. All the features I have tried worked perfectly. Only one issue I've noticed, I lost root. When I tried to use to, it said I did not have root. I had to restore my 4.1 rom bu, which I checked and I have root again. How do I keep root on your rom, thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones