• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] MidnightRom:GS3 JB 1.0.4 9/1/2013 Supercharged stock

There should be under device profiles in settings. I will pm you a link to the thread.

Edit: here's the thread
[GUIDE] ROOT, CUSTOM RECOVERY, and HOTSPOT for Virgin Mobile L710 (4.1.2) - Android Forums

Ok, there was no s4 settings under profile. I checked the thread you linked and that was for version 3.3, I had version 3.2 installed. I uninstalled the 3.2 and downloaded and installed the 3.3 version, changed profile to s4, my devices see the network but now my phone says, what the hell, your phone has taken back control. I may not have the other settings set up right, could you please explain what other settings you have checked. Thanks

Upvote 0
I was still having problems with wifi tether, plus I have to have a password so Noone else can connect and also had issue where my regular wifi would not turn back on once I used this. I went back to Dandridge rom which has native hotshot and it automatically disconnects the regular wifi when this is connected and connects to it again when it's done. Maybe sometime the creator of midnight rom will incorporate this into his rom. Plus in my opinion, I think the battery life is a little better on the Dandridge rom. Too bad though cause when I had the s2 or when I had the evo (don't remember which one) but I had the midnight rom and that one rocked. I will stay on Dandridge until this one is improved. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
I pushed the recovery,and tried to move to the flashing process to get this sweet ROM on my phone,but the problem i'm having is when i go into recovery i have no "mount and storage" menu,i'd like to backup the phone before i flash but i have no option to. any advice?

got it working,had to switch the usb port and everything worked perfect.. i installed the Midnight ROM and all is smooth so far.. only issue i have (more UI related) is that battery......

can a flashable work with this rom?

thanks for the ROM bro.. i've been with your Rom's for a while... keep it up!

Upvote 0
I am on Boost Mobile GS3, rooted and running dandroid rom. I have just started, within the last couple of weeks, sending a text to 6 or 7 people at the same time. (Same text, multiple recipients) I have noticed that every time it takes well over a minute to send and theres always one or two people where it fails. Is this normal or is something wrong. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
I pushed the recovery,and tried to move to the flashing process to get this sweet ROM on my phone,but the problem i'm having is when i go into recovery i have no "mount and storage" menu,i'd like to backup the phone before i flash but i have no option to. any advice?

got it working,had to switch the usb port and everything worked perfect.. i installed the Midnight ROM and all is smooth so far.. only issue i have (more UI related) is that battery......

can a flashable work with this rom?

thanks for the ROM bro.. i've been with your Rom's for a while... keep it up!

Rom Toolbox can change the battery look without issue.

Upvote 0
I am on Boost Mobile GS3, rooted and running dandroid rom. I have just started, within the last couple of weeks, sending a text to 6 or 7 people at the same time. (Same text, multiple recipients) I have noticed that every time it takes well over a minute to send and theres always one or two people where it fails. Is this normal or is something wrong. Thanks for the feedback.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Upvote 0
Are people still having speed issues with this ROM as mentioned before?

Also, are any modems or other flashes needed after flashing this ROM?
i use rom toolbox pro to either freeze or uninstall any aps i don't use or want. i also use it to control the speed so it's pretty quick. i wished the rom was able to be overclocked but i'm not sure is xthedakmanx is still going to make any improvements.
you don't need to flash any modems. everything works fine. the only problem i have had is that for whatever reason i'll loose my gmail accounts. i didn't notice it the first time it happend. i was going to send an email and it didn't have my account so i sync my accounts again. the 2nd time it happened my battery was running low, around 10%. it just acted up that i had to restart the phone. afterwards i charged it and added my accounts again. it's been fine ever since. this was about a week ago. i might just do a clean installation again. i was messing around with different programs but haven't in some time.

hey xthedakmanx, are you still going to do tweaks to overclock and improve 4g? i loved your midnight rom for the gs2. i might go back to that one in case you won't be doing any updates. thanks for the rom though. i do love it.

Upvote 0
Reactions: scotty51
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones