• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virgin Mobile might release a software update

Chingling

Android Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2011
Antarctica
Emphasis on MIGHT, I'm not saying this is for sure going to happen.

Just something I saw on VirginMobileUSA Care's Twitter, one guy asked:

@virginmobileus are you rolling out 4.1 or even 4.2 updates for the HTC One/Evo any time soon

And they replied:

@OffBeatMammal On Nov. 14th we will be releasing a software update for the device. At this time we are not sure which version it will be.

VMUSA later said that this update will be specific to our EVO V's. Just relaying what I saw, not sure if its accurate or not. Also, the likelihood of us getting Jellybean is very slim, so it'll probably be a very minor update, if there is one at all.

upudy3u7.jpg

Upvote 0
The EVO 3D has a much larger userbase, and if it was getting a JB update THAT community would be the first to know, not us, and if that phones getting it of course HTC would give it to the V.

I'm almost 100% sure this update will be for the radio.

It took too long for ICS to come to the 3D, and they only REALLY did it for the launch of the V, then it just filtered back to the 3D. theres no way they would waste the time to make a JB rom for the phones at this stage in its life.

however, if they DO, id totally love HTC. this is my first HTC phone and I had heard they were really good on support. its just that I don't see it happening realistically.

probably going to sell this and move to the nexus 4, honestly. even though I love and use the 3D cameras a lot

Reactions: SHOOTER403
Upvote 0
Software update guys, does not necessarily mean totally new version of android. Just keep that in mind.

This COULD be the much awaited fix to fix the Radio Interface Shortage without having to S-Off your device and flash new radios.

On the 14th, though, I suppose we will see.

According to someone in another thread, that is exactly what the software update is. Although it could be more than that as well (wishful thinking). I've only had the radio interference issue a couple of times on my EVO, but it's nice to see Virgin has at least done something about it.

Upvote 0
I highly highly doubt the v 4g would get upgraded to jb. Most phones only get 1 upgrade. Plus if it was so the 3d would be the first to get it I would assume. My thoughts is a software update, not a OS upgrade.

Sent From My Paranoid Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2
god.... you people really know how to get someone depressed.... cant a man dream?????

Upvote 0
But why psych people up for a software fix? Makes no sense

"Software fix" is completely different than "upgrade OS".

When we hear software update or fix, that just means they are releasing something to fix small things in the system or updating the security in the system.

Also IMO, there isn't that much difference between ICS and JB anyway aside from a few small things. I believe Brian can confirm this as well.

Upvote 0

When we hear software update or fix, that just means they are releasing something to fix small things in the system or updating the security in the system.

Also IMO, there isn't that much difference between ICS and JB anyway aside from a few small things. I believe Brian can confirm this as well.

My point Is why wait 11 days to release something simple?

I dont care either if its ICS or JB related, Id rather take ICS over any past Android OS anyday,and if I wanted a 4.1+ Id go out and buy a tablet to use instead of my phone...phone Is for talk and tablet Is for messing around on

Upvote 0
My point Is why wait 11 days to release something simple?

I dont care either if its ICS or JB related, Id rather take ICS over any past Android OS anyday,and if I wanted a 4.1+ Id go out and buy a tablet to use instead of my phone...phone Is for talk and tablet Is for messing around on

I concur with that last statement, we have smart phones to talk, text, and my favorite...play high end games on :D

Upvote 0

I can neither confirm nor deny this statement :p

Tbh I haven't really used ics. Flashed several ics roms and just couldn't stand it. Up until I just switched to PA recently, I was using zr3d gt which was a gb rom :D

Upvote 0
I can neither confirm nor deny this statement :p

Tbh I haven't really used ics. Flashed several ics roms and just couldn't stand it. Up until I just switched to PA recently, I was using zr3d gt which was a gb rom :D

Lol I havent used a jb ROM that wasn't pa but I can't see any major changes aside from Google now and a few other small add on's.

Upvote 0
What I'm thinking right now is that for vm this is their best phone and since nobody is making Wimax phones now the best thing they could do is at least update their OS because to be honest I bought this phone for the ics and the fact that it was 3d if it was only 3do would have never bought it and probably switched companies already

Upvote 0
Lol I havent used a jb ROM that wasn't pa but I can't see any major changes aside from Google now and a few other small add on's.

what do you consider a major change??? gingerbread to ics??? thats a new launcher bro...

for jellybean you get that project butter love/google now/notification sweetness/ launcher additions (better widgets, easier placement and organization of icons and widgets)/ a new lockscreen/

oh and did i mention the smile you get when you know you got the latest and greatest os out there....

yeah... cant see any major changes????

Reactions: koopakid08
Upvote 0
what do you consider a major change??? gingerbread to ics??? thats a new launcher bro...

for jellybean you get that project butter love/google now/notification sweetness/ launcher additions (better widgets, easier placement and organization of icons and widgets)/ a new lockscreen/

oh and did i mention the smile you get when you know you got the latest and greatest os out there....

yeah... cant see any major changes????

I agree, If jellybean was NOT better than ICS, it wouldnt have been released and EVERY phone would still be on ics. lol

Google Now is actually a REALLY cool feature and I miss it.

Project Butter is just a minor thing that helps you feel happy and satisfied about spending your hard earned money on a product, when you use it you want it to be smooth and fast and feel really high quality. if you wanted a cheap feeling phone, you had the option of the Optimus V or any other low end phone virgin is offering.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones