1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] MMS fix?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frogman987, Jul 3, 2013.

1. frogman987

frogman987 Newbie

For some reason after I restored my Samsung Galaxy Victory to stock with g60madmans backup files, I can no longer recieve MMS messages. Is there a fix to this, I'm thinking it might be a modem issue or should I try and re-restore the files?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. g60madman

g60madman Guest

I ended up calling VM they have a replacement on the way. Don't think its an issue with the restore as much as a problem with my original activation.

3. frogman987

frogman987 Newbie

So what is up with the phone I have right now? Or is it the backup that isn't correct. Whenever I restore from your 100% stock rom it stays rooted and is there an MMS fix for it?

4. g60madman

g60madman Guest

No shouldn't be rooted. Did you do a full system format before restoring?

5. frogman987

frogman987 Newbie

Yep I formatted my system and cache with CWM recovery, should I try re downloading the backup?

6. frogman987

frogman987 Newbie

No matter what I do it always is rooted after the restore. I've rem downloaded it twice and tried it on my external sd card and local storage. Along with the root problem I still can't get MMS to work

7. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

I had the same issue, actually...

I used TWRP finally, and used this backup. And then voila, MMS worked again. Try it, and see if it works for you.

8. frogman987

frogman987 Newbie

Which TWRP version did you use?

9. Prinny

Honestly I don't remember. The first version posted here

10. frogman987

frogman987 Newbie

Thanks!! It worked. I can finally receive MMS :)

JerryScript likes this.
  11. ssjChris

ssjChris Well-Known Member

Prinny, I tried following what you did but everytime I try the restore it says I have a bad MD5 checksum. I'm pretty much as frustrated as it gets. Any suggestions?

12. Prinny

Two options. Redownlosd and try again, or try the updated one from g60. He fixed his, so it should be good to go

13. ssjChris

ssjChris Well-Known Member

Prinny what folder did you post the file into, I unzipped the folder into my sd card and for my life of me, it will not show up on the recovery menu. =S

14. alexacuna

alexacuna Member

Check your phone storage. I've been trying to understand that external to sd thing. I know it flips it if you're on the rom.

Samsung Galaxy Victory Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Victory release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews