1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] My S3 crashes our operating system at work when it connects to wifi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fat_owl, Sep 25, 2014.

1. fat_owl

fat_owl Lurker

If anyone has an idea of how I can fix this, I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alexizawesome

alexizawesome Well-Known Member

What do you mean it crashes your operating system at work?

3. fat_owl

fat_owl Lurker

We use an old school point of sale program that's run on a PC and used on several terminals throughout the store. As soon as my phone connects to the network, the program freezes and wont work at all. I'd like to be able to access wifi at work.

4. dizzzydaniel

dizzzydaniel Newbie

This sounds like a networking issue...ip address conflicts. Look into creating dhcp reservations for the terminals on the router.

If you don't know what this means contact whoever maintains or setup your network initially.

5. fat_owl

fat_owl Lurker

To make it even more aggravating, my coworker's iPhone connects and works just fine :mad:

6. moonknightus

moonknightus Android Enthusiast

Where do you work? I need to know so that I never shop there. The thought of allowing employees to connect to the same network as the POS....

7. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

Yes this sounds strange, even more so its strange that iphones work since apple devices have the worst WiFi protocols ever, that's why for a long time all apple devices were banned from schools, cause they would crash the network usually cause they never release the info they are given

Plus like someone else said being able to connect your phone to the stores sales system sounds shady lol

Only other thing I could ever guess besides what other have mentioned would be Maybe Possibly if the sales system runs off something java based adb over bridge maybe trying to connect to the system, but I'm no expert so that's literally I shot in the dark quess lol and I'd have no idea how the system would be set to connect to the phone since that usually requires setup and shortcuts to be created

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews