1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] Need Convincing...Just Rooted my Phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JJustice, Oct 14, 2014.

1. JJustice

JJustice Newbie

I have searched everywhere and seeing what people have experienced but its not convincing me. I want to know from Virgin Mobile User what I should put on my Phone...

#1...I want to put CyanogenMod 10 on there but what benefits do i get. The Good and the Bad
    #2...I am also a HIGH Gamer and looking into what's best for game hacks and good game

any help with is well needed...

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

If you're going to use cyanogenmod, don't use 10 use cm11. Just saying, why use outdated software.

JJustice likes this.
  3. JJustice

JJustice Newbie

yea but i was hearing problems with 11

4. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Just get the cm11 m10 snapshot and you should be good. Its the nightlies after that had GPS issues.

5. JJustice

JJustice Newbie

Where can i find that file...I don't see it on the site...

6. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

7. JJustice

JJustice Newbie

8. hatredg0d

hatredg0d Well-Known Member

Flash the latest philz revocery zip from here. (Look at upload dates as they are not in correct order)

You can just flash the zip from the recovery (because you are just updating the same recovery). Then you will need to reboot the recovery and try to flash the rom again.

I dont know what guide you are following buts its old, you can not use old information there is a chance you will hard brick your phone.

I love CM11 and highly recommend it. However you need to take a look this list of roms. Liquidsmooth is my new favorite and has a few features that makes it hard for me to go back to CM. However they both have the same problems in the last few updates, GPS and camera problems. I use snapchat and gps pretty heavy the last few weeks so I am running LS3.1 for stability.

JJustice likes this.
  9. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Did you wipe choose wipe data/factory reset then select wipe clean to install fresh ROM first? Because you can't flash without wiping data/factory reset first. Make sure you read all instructions first. :cool:

JJustice likes this.
  10. cmichael258

cmichael258 Well-Known Member

Did you do a clean install?

JJustice likes this.
  11. JJustice

JJustice Newbie

OH Ok...I knew I missed something....Lmao..

12. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Hey bro, make sure you do a full backup first. In case you don't like it and want to go back.

13. JJustice

JJustice Newbie

Ok so I updated the Philz flash to the latest i can get...I have to backup my apps and phone first before I Factory Rest...

14. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

Yes you wanna make backups anytime before you flash something, also a good practice to make them randomly just in case

You may also wanna check out moped's thread for the data fix, the fix is actually now included in cm11 builds but for my personal device it seems to work better when I use moped's fix

If you like customizing colors and such you can check out the xposed framework and the xblast tools module for it but they have specific directions that must be followed to the T

Also so your aware the cm11 has 2 normally used types, snapshots or M builds which are considered the most stable and then nightlies which are basically them making little fixes and such working to a new snapshot, that's why you'll see night lies having issues like GPS not working correctly

Also along with the ROM itself your going to need a gapps package in order to get google play working, I use paranoid androids gapps but there are a few out theit,

And you also need to be sure you have the sph-l710 version of the phone cause there are virgin mobile s3's that are sph-l745 which I believe are Canadian versions but I don't believe the 710 Roms will work on it, but its been awhile since I've seen anything on that device so I'm not 100% on that

If I recall correctly this its basically

Sph-l710= sprint/virgin mobile USA variants

Sph-l745=att/virgin mobile Canadian variants

15. JJustice

JJustice Newbie

Thanks...yeah i haven't install anything yet just rooted the phone... and also i Have the SPH-l710

16. devilschild26

devilschild26 Android Expert

Link u provided with 4.4.4 nighties will they work on s3 cricket my friend wants to know

17. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Yep. They are unified builds. All u.s. based S3 Roms are being built as D2Lte. D2 is the nickname for S3 and LTE is for the unified builds. So youre good with any ROM that says d2lte or s3 unified or d2 unified. But you may need to apply cricket APN for data to work.

18. devilschild26

Thanks bro

19. devilschild26

Fast ? When I get this device say it 4.4 pre installed will I b able to use towel root still ????

20. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

It should. :cool:

21. JJustice

JJustice Newbie

So I cave in and installed CM11 latest Snap. I am doing A so far so good progress and GPS does work. Now My question is...How to get the Phone dail to look like my old one so I can check my Voice Mail I get text that come in and Tell Me I have Voicemail.

22. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

You can't. That's a touchwiz dialer. You gave up all things touchwiz when you installed cm.

23. JJustice

JJustice Newbie

So where can i find a Good Voice mail app

24. JJustice

JJustice Newbie

Never Mind found one..found a form on here that told me...

25. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Nice. I was going to point you to it, glad you found it

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews