• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Partial, but huge success.

Ping0

Jun 27, 2013
Texas
So finally i got 4G LTE and MMS working on a decent rom. After being bothered by CM 10.1 dropping the dat signal at the first sign of LTE I decided to do some more flashing and testing. I am currently running SynergyROM on MD4 baseband (will test MD7 later this week). I am running the STOCK VMGS3 APNS on GoSMS with ONLY the MMSC field filled in on APN configuration within GOSMS. (http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?). WILL NOT send on stock messaging app. i have some APNs that will send on stock; however 4G does not want to work on those APNs. if anyone would like to take a look at it, please, message me, maybe you can figure it out. I'm not a coder, i will test though.

If we can get this to work, it will open up many JB 4.1.2 ROMS for use on our VMGS3.

Reactions: punkmaxx
So finally i got 4G LTE and MMS working on a decent rom. After being bothered bdon't M 10.1 dropping the dat signal at the first sign of LTE I decided to do some more flashing and testing. I am currently running SynergyROM on MD4 baseband (will test MD7 later this week). I am running the STOCK VMGS3 APNS on GoSMS with ONLY the MMSC field filled in on APN configuration within GOSMS. (http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?). WILL NOT send on stock messaging app. i have some APNs that will send on stock; however 4G does not want to work on those APNs. if anyone would like to take a look at it, please, message me, maybe you can figure it out. I'm not a coder, i will test though.

If we can get this to work, it will open up many JB 4.1.2 ROMS for use on our VMGS3.

This is what I'm finding not sure its relavent.... Virgin Mobile roms have this screen option and I dont think Sprint Roms do...

Attachments

• 2013-07-24 20.27.59.png
    2013-07-24 20.27.59.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones