1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] Password protect recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sean19661, Oct 1, 2014.

1. sean19661

sean19661 Android Enthusiast

Hi everyone I was wondering if there any way to password protect our recovery so no one can boot into recovery to wipe our phone's

Ty guys

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alexizawesome

alexizawesome Well-Known Member

In Philz menu under Philz Settings there is an option called Set Up Recovery Lock. That might be what you are looking for. I've never used so no idea really.

sean19661 likes this.
  3. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

That can always be done, even on non rooted phone with stock recovery. Why would someone wipe your phone? You mean like get your phone from you, wipe it, then somehow slip it back to you? Huh? How? Why? Who? Lol. Incredibly unlikely scenario.

mydian likes this.
  4. mydian

mydian Android Expert

I let one of my kids play with my old phone. It has CWM and a custom ROM with a boot to recovery option. One night he walks up to me and said there is something wrong with the phone. He was in CWM and luckily didn't mess anything up. Having a password on recovery would have been nice. I didn't know Philz had that option thanks.

5. sean19661

No if the phone is ever lost or stolen this is actually my 2nd gs3 the first one was stolen could never recover it I had lookout on it trace it for awhile then the must of wiped it. Ty guys

6. sean19661

Perfect but I guess you only get 3 trials I guess there's a paid recovery now I just need to look into it:)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews