• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help virgin mobile phone say zone-sprint update

Not yet. Mine was rebooting like mad last night plus I had annoying echo on some calls, but this morning it seemed to be fine and didn't reboot while I was out for several hours this morning.

Saying "Sprint" doesn't sound right, but IIRC the OV & MT would occasionally get spurious updates(nothing there actually), but I suppose that it's possible that the Vs will need a further OS update to properly integrate with the VM subnetwork... just a guess given my activation problems and the 2nd level support guy mentioning that it was their system that wasn't quite ready for the Vs yet. (Online swap failed for me, so I had to do by phone.)

The Anker 3500mah batt + back cover that I ordered came this morning so I'm charging that up ATM, and then will further test for echo/reboots -> exchange @ BB o.w. I'm good to go.

Upvote 0
I got this and clicked yes (new phone with new rom/kernel, updates are expected).

No issues since then.

Looking around the intrweb tubez it seems like it is just an update to what drives the VM account app that lets you see your account info.

I have had my HTC Evo V for less than a week. Today, after I clicked on the "My Account" icon that was factory installed on the main screen, I got this same notification.

It does appear to be directly related to the VM account app.

I did not do the update ... yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones