1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] Phone wifi keeps turning off.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JulianaMoon, Nov 16, 2014.

1. JulianaMoon

JulianaMoon Lurker

Hi!

Newbie here. Boy am I glad I found this site.
    I have a Virgin Mobile Android Galaxy S3.
    I have AT&T wifi hooked to my desktop. I use the wifi for my droid when home. I had no problems till about 2 weeks ago.

The wifi keeps disconnecting and trying to reconnect me to an unsecured Comcast Xfinity wifi network. Im assuming someone in my area just got Xfinity wifi but why is my droid wifi keep shutting off? And why when I try to reconnect does it take me to Xfinity wifi log in? What should I do??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JM

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

Check which channels the 2 networks are on. (Use an app such as Wifi Analyser - free in play store). If they are on the same channel and both strong signals you should change the channel which your router broadcasts on to be different and therefore not be interferred with by the Xfinity broadcasts.

Thats the most likely reason

Roger

3. alexizawesome

alexizawesome Well-Known Member

Could it have to do with the Connections Optimizer ?

4. comps

comps Android Enthusiast

forget the xfintywifi (by holding down on it)

5. JulianaMoon

JulianaMoon Lurker

I will try all of the above. I am router illiterate, so will need more info. I will get back to you if I have more questions. Thankyou so very much!! :D

6. JulianaMoon

JulianaMoon Lurker

We are on different channels. Well wait...now Xfinity just creeped up the middle of my signal. Hmmm...

7. JulianaMoon

JulianaMoon Lurker

The Xfinity channel keeps overlapping with my channel. There are no available channels to switch to. I took a snapshot to show you what was happening but don't know where it is stored. Another wifi network that is overlapped with Xfinity also keeps going on and off. That Xfinity channel is unsecured. I noticed an Xfinity truck driving down the street earlier. Could that be it? Should I be on a different droid thread for this problem? Like I said...I am a newbie. Will try to upload pic. Thanks!!
    JM

8. comps

comps Android Enthusiast

if you can switch the 40mhz or 20mhz in the wifi settings on router, hoping you have it.

9. JulianaMoon

JulianaMoon Lurker

My router is through AT&T. :( Thankyou though. This is so frustrating. My internet keeps going out when it shuts off. May have to call AT&T.

10. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

You might try "GroupWifi Lite" by Possebon on the playstore. It seems to do what you need in allowig you to define which APs you connect to.

Roger

11. JulianaMoon

JulianaMoon Lurker

Thankyou Roger. I will check it out!!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews