• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

virgin mobile phone with boost mobile apps

jbrice21

Lurker
Dec 10, 2013
so id like to start by saying that i apologize if this thread has already been created, i just couldn't find it.

so i have i virgin mobile Galaxy s3, it was running slow so i factory restored it. And yes, i did try the "developer options" and they worked but didn't fix my issue completely. After i did the reset the phone booted up and everything is fine, but instead of just virgin mobile apps, i have both virgin mobile AND boost mobile. has this happened to anyone else? And if so does anyone know why its happening?

and yes i realize ill probably get some shit for this, im just curious as to why my phone now has double the bloatware.

When did you get the S3? I got mine last week. After activation, bunch of VM/Boost icons were installed. They are not apps, just icons to either a link or app to be downloaded. I just remove all the icons. I noticed all this download must be done while on 3G/4G or I'd keep getting some download errors.

Not sure if you are encountering the same.

Upvote 0
so id like to start by saying that i apologize if this thread has already been created, i just couldn't find it.

so i have i virgin mobile Galaxy s3, it was running slow so i factory restored it. And yes, i did try the "developer options" and they worked but didn't fix my issue completely. After i did the reset the phone booted up and everything is fine, but instead of just virgin mobile apps, i have both virgin mobile AND boost mobile. has this happened to anyone else? And if so does anyone know why its happening?

and yes i realize ill probably get some shit for this, im just curious as to why my phone now has double the bloatware.

Not sure why you would get any flack for this... you've done nothing wrong. :)

It's more than likely just like the previous person said and they're just links. Even so it sounds normal since VM and Boost are both subsidiaries of Sprint.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones