• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [ROM][4.4.2]CyanogenMod 11[02/14][d2vmu]

xjjm.png

I still can see my whole internal storage.
Just 0. And all my previous stuff all at same top level as 0.

Upvote 0
xjjm.png

I still can see my whole internal storage.
Just 0. And all my previous stuff all at same top level as 0.

Looks like you are using the built-in CM File Manager. Have you granted it root access or is it still in "safe mode?" Also, my personal suggestion is to use ES File Explorer, but again, that's just personal preference. Pretty sure any file explorer has to be granted root access to function properly regardless.

Upvote 0
I'm having several issues with this ROM....one...if I switch off WiFi...I have to reboot to get mobile data.... If I flash mopedryder APN fix WiFi no longer works at all.... MMS doesnt send on lte or 3g... When working lte and 3g are fine....

Also I am having SD card issues.... The SD card mounts as media/mnt... Es file explorer doeant see it as a SD card....only emulated storage. ..my 64 GB SD card doesn't work at all no matter how I partitoin it. (Exfat. Fat32...fat 16...ntfs... Linux standard etc...)

Upvote 0
I'm having several issues with this ROM....one...if I switch off WiFi...I have to reboot to get mobile data.... If I flash mopedryder APN fix WiFi no longer works at all.... MMS doesnt send on lte or 3g... When working lte and 3g are fine....

Did you try wiping the Dalvik cache? I had similar issues until I wiped. I am currently running the latest version with no issues. I don't use MMS so that is the only thing I am not sure on. Also I thought this ROM already had the APN fix applied?

Upvote 0
Did you try wiping the Dalvik cache? I had similar issues until I wiped. I am currently running the latest version with no issues. I don't use MMS so that is the only thing I am not sure on. Also I thought this ROM already had the APN fix applied?

Yes...factory reset...philz cwm wipe for new ROM option..then dalvik and cache just to be sure....right now I have no mopedryder mod flashed because it broke my WiFi....the mk5 WiFi fix.zip didn't fix it...apns are set properly except for mms( which I understand is difficult for virgin) but o need it for work... It takes forever to switch to mobile data after shutting off WiFi... That's an issue for me...its faster to reboot....

SD cards are still a problem...they dont mount properly....my 32gb works but its not mounted as a card...I have to mount the folder it is in ...something like media/mnt something or other....

Upvote 0
I've tried everything I can think of, and cannot get MMS to send (using hangouts strictly).
Went from Philz to CWM 6045, used the posted links for 20131213 and gapps, tried apn fixes (even though it's supposed to be included). Wiped Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, Data each time.

Those who have it working, could you explain if I'm missing something.

Upvote 0
I've tried everything I can think of, and cannot get MMS to send (using hangouts strictly).
Went from Philz to CWM 6045, used the posted links for 20131213 and gapps, tried apn fixes (even though it's supposed to be included). Wiped Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, Data each time.

Those who have it working, could you explain if I'm missing something.
Have you tried sending an MMS through the stock messaging app rather than Hangouts? I was under the impression that Hangouts cannot handle MMS but I could be wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones