• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [ROM][4.4.2]CyanogenMod 11[02/14][d2vmu]

Upvote 0
Happy holidays everyone!
I have updated it to the 12/25 nightly.

... Just spent the last hour setting up the 12/21 nightly :(

But thank you so much for all your hard work!

Is there a way for me to patch over the 21st nightly, and keep all my settings? Or should I factory reset, wipe dalvik and cache? Then install rom and gapps, then restore with Titanium?

Just curious if there's a way of making sure my last hour wasn't in vain hahaha

Upvote 0
... Just spent the last hour setting up the 12/21 nightly :(

But thank you so much for all your hard work!

Is there a way for me to patch over the 21st nightly, and keep all my settings? Or should I factory reset, wipe dalvik and cache? Then install rom and gapps, then restore with Titanium?

Just curious if there's a way of making sure my last hour wasn't in vain hahaha
wipe cache and dalvik cache then install the new version and you should be fine.

Reactions: Azmin
Upvote 0
Just installed the latest 12/25 Nightly and I'm loving it so far coming from 4.3 Stock. However, I'm unable to restore some backups I made in Titanium and its telling me I need to change the USB Debugging settings but I have no idea where that is? Usually I see it in settings but I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: FIXED. So I found out, through the power of the internet, I had to go to settings, about phone, and tap Build Number several times and the setting came up. Kind of a interesting Easter Egg to have.

Also, I flashed MopedRyder's MMS fix #2 and I am able send/recieve over 3G but I'm unable to send/receive over wifi using Hangouts.

Upvote 0
Are you restoring "App only" or "App plus data" in Titanium? Data for TW versus AOSP is not always compatible. For example, you can restore S-Voice for use on AOSP ROM's, but only if you restore "App only."

Yeah. I just realized that now. I'm trying to figure out now how to get the app back because whenever I try to install from the Play Store, I keep getting an Unknown -24 error.

EDIT: Alright. So I fixed the error. Just had to delete a folder from data/data/com....

Also, when I was on TW I made a backup of Dialer Storage so I could restore my text messages and such. However when I restore and reboot, I get a continuous
Phone has stopped working" error. I have a feeling this has to do with the TW vs. AOSP you mentioned earlier. Any solutions of how I can successfully restore?

Upvote 0
Yeah. I just realized that now. I'm trying to figure out now how to get the app back because whenever I try to install from the Play Store, I keep getting an Unknown -24 error.

EDIT: Alright. So I fixed the error. Just had to delete a folder from data/data/com....

Also, when I was on TW I made a backup of Dialer Storage so I could restore my text messages and such. However when I restore and reboot, I get a continuous
Phone has stopped working" error. I have a feeling this has to do with the TW vs. AOSP you mentioned earlier. Any solutions of how I can successfully restore?

SMS Backup and Restore from the play store is what I use to backup my texts.

Upvote 0
This assumes you already have a custom recovery.

You need CWM 6.0.4.3+

Flashable zip to upgrade your recovery to CWM 6.0.4.5: http://itslightness.com/d2vmu/CWM6.0.4.5.zip
New! ROM download: Dev-Host - cm-11-20131225-NIGHTLY-d2vmu.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Release Notes (12/25):
Added APN fix
Removed assert lines
Removed duplicate ringtones & notification audio files
Added AppOpsX - native App Opps not working (removed access in 4.4.2). Hit install App Ops X in the app if you plan to use it.

Thread changelog:
(12/25) Posted Dec 25 Nightly
(12/21) Posted Dec 21 Nightly
(12/13) Changed GAPPS link
(12/13) Posted Dec 13 Nightly
(12/10) Posted Dec 10 Nightly
(12/10) Posted CWM 6.0.4.5
(12/09) Posted Dec 08 Nightly
(12/09) Posted CWM 6.0.4.3

Credits:
CyanogenMod team
Moped_Ryder (APN fix)

Remember to factory reset before flashing!

KitKat gapps: http://www.invisiblek.org/gapps/gapps-kk-20131208.zip

old & obsolete download links:
Dev-Host - cm-11-20131221-NIGHTLY-d2vmu.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Dev-Host - cm-11-20131213-NIGHTLY-d2vmu.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
http://itslightness.com/d2vmu/cm-11-20131210-NIGHTLY-d2vmu.zip
http://itslightness.com/d2vmu/CWM-6.0.4.3-d2vmu.zip
http://itslightness.com/d2vmu/cm-11-20131208-NIGHTLY-d2vmu.zip
i have no sms after flashing, it worked for about 10 mins, i restarted now i have no sms

Upvote 0
Yessir. I ended up downloading Gravity Box and changing it to Fade lol. But if you had another solution, that'd be welcomed.

Since I already have XBlast installed I just used their option to change it to fade they have other options as well. Just make sure to reboot after you select your option. I HIGHLY recommend XBlast to everyone to try out.

Pic of options:
eby9y7a5.jpg

Reactions: struckn
Upvote 0
Since I already have XBlast installed I just used their option to change it to fade they have other options as well. Just make sure to reboot after you select your option. I HIGHLY recommend XBlast to everyone to try out.

Pic of options:
eby9y7a5.jpg

Two huge thumbs up for Xposed Installer in general and XBlast Tools specifically!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones