• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [ROM][4.4.2]CyanogenMod 11[02/14][d2vmu]

Hey Everyone, been a member here for quite sometime, although just recently (within the week) upgraded from the Motorola Triumph to the Samsung Galaxy S3, also sorry for the length lol its been awhile since ive posted and im excited with new devices

was currently debating installing this rom, i ran some form of CM on my triumph for almost the entire time i owned it (G60's Cm most of the time), really like the customization options they tend to give the user and the overall quality of their roms and also just personally liked that they for awhile atleast left the coding that allowed using ADW as default system launcher giving it its own setting option in the setting tab

Currently im running the Stock MK5 Deodexed and im pretty happy with it except the limits to customize which i dont really understand lol, some apps or mods can effect some things while others cannot, perfect ex. Xblaster tools can change the systems font color but cannot effect the notification bar toggle area almost at all, and wanam kit can change almost everything about the notification bar but cannot effect the system font color

Anyway, i had some questions about both this rom and the phone in general

I trolled thru the pages of this thread and saw many with issues many without issues, ppl in between, ppl who used fixes to fix issues, and ppl who say the fixes are included

1. Does all the important stuff work, 3g,4g,wifi,text,calls,mms??

2. Besides the Rom itself and the Gapps is there anything else i should or need to download (Relating to #1) ??

3. most likely like almost every CM rom this probably runs much faster then stock so how is battery drain??

4. If going from the MK5 Deodexed Rom to this would there be any Special instructions needed?

My Questions about the phone itself, ive been reading thru about Knox and the different phone versions, MG2,MK5,MK7, etc. and the OTA update and i still dont think i get it completely

almost every thread ive seen i believe they said if i have downloaded the OTA update making my phone MK5 Android 4.3 that i Cannot really do anything or flash anything but i believe that has now changed correct?

cause i used the Rooting MK5 4.3 guide after downlaoding the OTA update and put on philz recovery, the deodexed rom and supersu without issue

also i read brittons thread on Knox info and saw he posted a picture of what a knoxed phone looks like in download mod, mine doesn't have the Knoxed line of codes mine states

Odin Mode
Product name: SPH-L710
Custom Binary Download: Yes (1 Count)
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enabled
Warranty Bit: 1
Bootloader AP SWREV: 1

i also dont get why the binary count says 1 ??, ive flashed the phone atleast 4 different times, all with the MK5 Deodexed rom and Xposed framework each time, just ended up installing mods the phone couldn't run and bootlooping and starting fresh

again sry for the length lol

Upvote 0
Tokens210 has asked almost all the questions I have had on CM11. And has followed my exact evolution. I just replaced my triumph and I had G60s CM too.

In response to the very last question, the Binary Count can only have a value of Zero or One. If it is Zero, it means no non-factory modifications have been made. However, if there is a value of One then some non-factory modification has been made. At least this is how I understand it.

Upvote 0
Tokens210 has asked almost all the questions I have had on CM11. And has followed my exact evolution. I just replaced my triumph and I had G60s CM too.

In response to the very last question, the Binary Count can only have a value of Zero or One. If it is Zero, it means no non-factory modifications have been made. However, if there is a value of One then some non-factory modification has been made. At least this is how I understand it.

Makes sense lol i was just unsure, i know the other options show a 0 or 1 representing basically a yes or no, but the way that one was worded especially with the (1 count) part i wasn't sure lol

So far im waiting for a response to my questions sat here and thought about it for awhile and trolled thru and read as many threads as i could handle to make sure i got pretty much all of it into one post lol but besides that currently im pretty happy with the deodexed, besides the lack of customization im used to from CM roms

Upvote 0
1. Does all the important stuff work, 3g,4g,wifi,text,calls,mms??

2. Besides the Rom itself and the Gapps is there anything else i should or need to download (Relating to #1) ??

3. most likely like almost every CM rom this probably runs much faster then stock so how is battery drain??

4. If going from the MK5 Deodexed Rom to this would there be any Special instructions needed?

1. My 3G, LTE, WiFi, text, calls, are working perfect. I've sent one MMS and it has worked so far. The only thing that isn't working for me is the front facing camera for Snapchat. The picture is stretching vertically for some reason.

2. Nope. Just Gapps for me

3. Honestly I can have more than 5 hours of constant use, including LTE and such at about half brightness

4. I don't think there should be any issue, but I'll let someone else answer that.

Feel free to correct me / add anything!

Reactions: Tokens210
Upvote 0

Binary count can be any number. It is the Warranty Bit part which refers to Knox, and that can only be zero or one since it is a flag not a counter. Therefore, having that line of script present means that you are Knoxed up.

Reactions: Tokens210
Upvote 0
Yes The Collective have come with a rom !
my question is can you bring it over to virgin mobile for us thanks ?!?

Any ROM "brought over" to Virgin Mobile is just the Sprint ROM with the asserts removed or modified, along with some other tweaks. The only development specific to VM is going to be stock based, not AOSP based. If you want to run any AOSP ROM, it is still the same procedure of downloading the Sprint version and then modifying the asserts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones