• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [ROM] 8/1 Slim & Stock-ish Rooted ROM

New Version with 4-way Reboot Mod is now available for download....

DOWNLOAD

EDIT: Updated OP

I'll be adding more features as soon as i get some time... I'm trying new stuff everyday by slowly porting features over from the XDA sprint phones by smali & XML comparison and a whole lot of trial and error.
There seem to be a lot of things that can make a Touchwiz ROM freeze. Even just adding or deleting an application that it is not used to on first boot will make it hard freeze.

Anyway More to come... Please be Patient, as i'm not really sure what i'm doing, i'm just playing guesswork with a lot of forum research. These ROMs are really touchy and kinda throwing me for a loop.

Reactions: ENVi3
Upvote 0
bout to flash it myself...offically running it well report back if anything breaks

First boot ...... booted after usual delay on first boot
wifi...works...
bluetooth...works
GPd...work
camera...works
3g data....works
lte...will report back when i get outside...
nfc....works

System updates..prl.profile,firmware error 6500 but then again phone works calls,sms,mms, so no biggie.

4 way working for me for the record its reboot then you get your 4 choices.

Reactions: punkmaxx
Upvote 0
System updates..prl.profile,firmware error 6500 but then again phone works calls,sms,mms, so no biggie.
Glad to hear its tested and running well.... Thank you, MOre to come...

I was able to update PRL, Profile and get the message that theres no firmware update.... What error are you getting? I'm curious.....

Upvote 0
Glad to hear its tested and running well.... Thank you, MOre to come...

I was able to update PRL, Profile and get the message that theres no firmware update.... What error are you getting? I'm curious.....

error 6500 whatever that was no biggie. which cleard up after a few reboots now functions.

the other thing i found is if you freeze or disable certain things the bluetooth disconnects with a android.phone crash message from a headset after a call. so if others have this issue turn your stuff on reboot the off one at a time with reboots and test in between.

Upvote 0
Hi! This is my first post to this forum. First I would love to say this is a great rom!!! The only problem I have with the slim rom is when I re-download the Samsung Link app (Allshare Play) I cannot get it to work. For now I have reverted back the the stock rom. Do you think you can just put up a copy of the stock rom but deodexed..?

Upvote 0
Ha dud are you going to have an update I'd like to see more of your work It's bin good so fare let us know??

yeah, i definitely plan on updating, my work schedule has just been a bit hectic... Sorry for the long delay; I'll try and get a version uploaded soon with some of the new features I've been trying to implement.
I've been running into a few "smali brick walls" when trying to port over features from sprint ROMs, our framework is definitely different in many respects. But i'm still spending every extra free moment trying to get this ROM up to proper standards. I'll post stuff soon, I swear. :D

Upvote 0
Hi! This is my first post to this forum. First I would love to say this is a great rom!!! The only problem I have with the slim rom is when I re-download the Samsung Link app (Allshare Play) I cannot get it to work. For now I have reverted back the the stock rom. Do you think you can just put up a copy of the stock rom but deodexed..?

I'll try and get a stock deodexed version up as well. Just please be patient as it may take me a bit to get to it, I will certainly get it uploaded.

Upvote 0
Updated OP Not too many changes....

ChangeLOG 8/1/2013 (sorry its not much):

A Few small Speed Tweaks
1% BATTERY mod W/ CHARGING ANIMATION
SUPER FAST STATUS BAR!
Ultimate AD Blocking

Messaging App (SecMms.apk) MODs:
Added Screen on option
Added Signature option
Added Vibration Option
Added Split-View on Landscape option

628MB - De-Odexed​

More to come.....

Reactions: ENVi3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones