• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [ROM]][SPH-L710T][STOCK][MD5/TAR FILE]ALL SPT L710TVPU0ANF4 L710TSPT0ANF4

I know this thread has already died, but I flashed CM 11 to my GS3 L710-T and the mobile data radios turned off. Then I found a stock .zip for the L710( non-triband ), and flashed that using CWM and now my wi-fi simply will not turn on. I place the slider to the right, and it remains grayed out and immediately returns itself to the "OFF" position. Now I've downloaded this image and I've placed it into the "AP" section of ODIN 3. The screen has been on the same part of the process for a really, really long time now. Can somebody please help me? I feel like I can re-root after I get back to stock, but I NEED my wi-fi to work.
Make sure your phone is in download mode. You can try a different cord or a different port on your PC if you're having trouble.
Don't flash stock roms for the standard s3. Make sure it's for your model. Octos has a great lollipop rom built specifically for the triband.
You need their version of twrp and the rom and apn zip. All can be found here

Upvote 0
Really would have been nice if OP would have said whether or not it would take it COMPLETELY back to stock.. godddddamnit..lost all the ****ing photos of my father and me building a shed, us at the track, and most importantly our visit the Veterans Wall.. Unfortunately he died in the Spring, so there's no chance of remaking those memories.. nice work on having a halfway decent description OP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Really would have been nice if OP would have said whether or not it would take it COMPLETELY back to stock.. godddddamnit..lost all the ****ing photos of my father and me building a shed, us at the track, and most importantly our visit the Veterans Wall.. Unfortunately he died in the Spring, so there's no chance of remaking those memories.. nice work on having a halfway decent description OP.
I am so deeply sorry to hear about your father. Everyone is told over and over in just about every thread, before doing this or that, make a backup, of everything, internal, external, and a nandroid of rom. I use dropbox, which backs up pics as I take them. I hope this helps others and again so sorry about your father and the pics.

Upvote 0
There is a little check box in odin that says f.reset. unchecking that before you flash will prevent the factory reset. Just for future reference. Flashing the tar itself doesn't normally wipe data, but certain builds of odin check that box by default. Sometimes you have to factory reset after flashing a full .tar anyways to get the phone to boot. OP simply linked to the stock .tar, didn't create it or even write up a tutorial or anything. Just to be fair.

Upvote 0
I have a triband L710T currently running custom ROM OctOS-L M5 (Lollipop 5.1.1), OH1 baseband. I am selling the phone and trying to flash back to bone stock. When I try to ODIN the .tar from this thread, it fails with error "sw rev check fail fused 2 binary 1". I tried redownloading the .tar in case the first one was corrupt, but it still fails. What am I not doing right?

Reactions: Matthew Graham
Upvote 0
Will this rom work on a Virgin Mobile data done right sph-l710t? My stock backup wont restore properly.
Thanks!
Don't know dude. Make a backup of what you have and try. Data done Rite phones are a little different.
I told you over on xda that you have to wipe internal storage to go back to KitKat, so your stock backup might be fine. You just didn't wipe internal before you restored it.

Reactions: mydian
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones