1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Virgin Mobile S5 network question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boatwake, Sep 27, 2014.

1. boatwake

boatwake Newbie

SM-G900P S5 from virgin mobile. I have root accesss but the network is locked on Virgin mobile. The virgin mobile flash screen still shows during boot.

I purchased walmart's family mobile, but it won't read the sim card. Says "invalid sim card".

Is there anything I need to do in addition to unlock the mobile carrier?

Thank You for any ideas.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

boatwake likes this.
  3. boatwake

boatwake Newbie

Very helpful. Thank you for helping. Sounds like RegionLA will unlock the network but I didn't see an apk for the s5 virgin mobile or sprint. I'm nervous about getting the right one.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I sure do appreciate it. Looks great.
    If you have heard of one that works with VM S5 I'd appreciate any info on that.
    Hopefully google shines on me this morning.

Have a good one..........Tom

4. boatwake

boatwake Newbie

I can't seem to find any network unlocking methods specifically for the VM S5.
    I'm sure it's in front of my face, but I sure would feel more comfortable knowing it was for my model. My phone doesn't ask for an unlock code when booting with an invalid sim card. It just reads "invalid sim card" with no options.

Has anyone out there unlocked the network successively on a virgin mobile s5? I was wondering if it is even possible yet. If it has to be done by code how can I enter the code? I read somewhere after so many tries with wrong codes it stops offering the option of entering the code. Weird thing is, I haven't put any codes in at all so when it reads an invalid sim it should ask for the unlock code. It doesn't.
    Is there any other way around this.

I'm dying to get this phone working. Any thoughts or tips Greatly Appreciated!

5. boatwake

boatwake Newbie

Has anyone crossed this. I would purchase a code but can't enter it.
    I haven't found any software to unlock the network.
    I wonder if I could unroot my phone and re-root with a method that would include unlocking the network.?

Oh, I hope I'm not stuck on vm network
    Please help if you can. Thank You

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews