1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] should or should i not update to 4.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Electrorange, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Electrorange

Electrorange Newbie

I just got the notification for the update to 4.3 and I have heard that many people are not happy with the update . please tell me is the update a bad idea. what have been the pros and cons . thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. macknificent1

macknificent1 Newbie

I kinda like the update... Keep in mind I was able to root and I uninstalled knox too. Maybe you should try the rooted stock zip so that you won't change your bootloader, I was impatient so I go stuck with the knox bootloader :eek:

3. Darien153

Darien153 Android Enthusiast

QUOTE=Electrorange;6312539]I just got the notification for the update to 4.3 and I have heard that many people are not happy with the update . please tell me is the update a bad idea. what have been the pros and cons . thanks[/QUOTE]
    The only con there is that I see so far is Knox. Here use this ROM. Both odexed and deodexed .It is fully free from Knox apps and bootloader:
    [ROM][MK5][STOCK][ODEXED/DEODEXED]- Virgin Mobile/Boost Mobile - xda-developers
    Plz try it out and tell me what you think :) if you need help plz feel free to ask me or ask in these forums.

4. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

Thumbs up and a "like" anytime someone links or pushes for jdsingle76's ROM!

jdsingle76 likes this.
  5. Darien153

Darien153 Android Enthusiast

Haha I should have waited. Oh well it's no big deal. I'm glad he made this ROM so he can let ppl Knox free :)

6. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat

Don't worry, you're not alone. I should have waited to. I think jd's rom surfaced over here at AndroidForums less than 24 hours after I impatiently installed the update :D

No worries, though. His rom is a lifesaver and I encourage anyone who is asking the question "should I update to 4.3" to go ahead and do it via this method. It is completely Knox free and that means it doesn't even have the Knox bootloader so you can safely flash any rom including downgrades without any worry or fear of the dreaded Knox.

Once again his MK5 rom is found here: http://androidforums.com/virgin-mob...k-rom-mk5-stock-stock-4-3-mk5-rom-rooted.html

If you are brand new to the rooting world and need help installing it you can do so by following this guide: http://androidforums.com/virgin-mob...11-guide-mk5-wip-rooting-mk5-4-3-newbies.html

7. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

thumb up thumb up thumb up!!!!!

8. Got my 4.3 update and love it, no regrets:)

9. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat

Actually, I really do like the smoothness of the update along with the UI improvements. If you install the update from jdsingle76 without the Knox inclusions then it's definitely an upgrade!

struckn likes this.
  10. vsanch24

vsanch24 Well-Known Member

Question was answered elsewhere. Post may be deleted

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews