1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] [SOLVED][MK5][4.3][STOCK] Data Tile on MK5 Update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ajnycguy, Dec 7, 2013.

1. ajnycguy

ajnycguy Well-Known Member

Had anyone be able to get the data tile back on 4.3?
    [​IMG]

Is there a way get it or do you have to download a 3rd party application to now do this?
    I know you can just go into the settings and do it that way but, I'm just use to there being an easy toggle so that I don't kill my battery. Thanks. :thumbup:

*SOLVED*
    Go and download from here:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291682802

To flash this all I did was go into Philz Recovery and installed. I did not wipe cache or others but to do so doesn't hurt. (No need to wipe data for a mod).

Thanks to "struckn" for providing the link, JD for testing it first, and the XDA forum for making it!

Pic after mod:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

I haven't seenit on the Note 3 (also 4.3) so I use the Data ON/OFF widget.

3. ajnycguy

Does this so show up in the notification area? I kind of like my home screen REALLY clean. Haha. That's why I liked the tile so much.

4. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

5. ajnycguy

That says MK3 though not MK5...?

How do you flash? Just install? Do I need to clear anything (data, cache, dalvik)?

6. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

MK3 is the Sprint variant of our MK5, it is essentially the same thing, one of those examples of Sprint and VM being identical for the parts that matter, JD, who brought us the Knox-free MK5 update, tested it to be sure. Flash in recovery just like any flashable zip, and good luck!

PS wiping cache and Dalvik-cache never hurts, data is only for a fresh ROM install, if you wipe data all your apps will revert to their default mode from whatever you have set up.

ajnycguy likes this.
  7. ajnycguy

Thanks so much I can't believe it actually worked! I'll edit the OP post and put the link there some time today.

8. jdsingle76

jdsingle76 Android Enthusiast

Told ya it'd work :).

SgtMacabre and ajnycguy like this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews