1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[VIRGIN MOBILE]- Something wierd just came up on screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Larzuk, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Larzuk

Larzuk Well-Known Member

I completely forgot to write down or snapshot what popped up on screen, but it made no sense.

Anyways, I was reading a book on Kindle, and a message came up asking me to Please Insert SIM card to resume network services, and then restart.

VM does not operate on SIM Cards AFAIK..So I'm a bit stumped and curious if this has happened to anyone else on Virgin Mobile.

I restarted the phone and everything seems fine with calls, internet and text..

Kind of threw me for a loop for a minute.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

Could have just been a weird phone issue that crossed over on your software from a variant of the phone that does use sim cards. (even though yours doesn't, the software isn't completely re-written for your device, it just has network parts changed in the software.) It's possible this is an error from some piece of code left on your device related to SIM cards.

funkylogik and Larzuk like this.
  3. Larzuk

Larzuk Well-Known Member

I appreciate you taking the time to respond, Thanks. What you said makes sense, I was just concerned it may turn into a problem you know. However a reboot and everything seems well.

Again, Thank you.

4. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

I'll keep an eye on this thread so if it happens again or becomes a problem post again and I'll see it. Good luck! :)

funkylogik likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews