• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [SPH-L710][CWM ADV.] OFFICIAL PhilZ-Touch Recovery 6.0 [11.24.13]

I've had a headache trying to get this version working right. ..

The 4glte doesn't work. .at all.

I've installed philz recovery. ...

How do i uninstall philz recovery and put back the default one. I think I'm going to return this phone as defective

Maybe try and exchange for a non t version

Thanks
Its back a few posts. Post #48 I think. Its a recovery image. You can use the app flashify to install it.

Upvote 0
Its back a few posts. Post #48 I think. Its a recovery image. You can use the app flashify to install it.

This is for the "NDC"

I have NF4

DON'T know if that will make things worse

update: i think i found it;;

Flashing that in odin will revert the phone to stock, basically as if you had just taken it out of the box.

We really, really need a separate forum for this phone so we can post this stuff in it. I wonder when someone will approve/deny my request.

-----------------another update--------------------

after using that tar.md5, i did successfully set my phone BACK to the way it was when you opened the box.

some things i did notice...well one thing..
i got the error: LTE:ESM-X EMM-8

which on google, states its a SPRINT issue and not updating their system to the ICCID, which causes the whole no 4G/LTE

boost rep had NO idea what i was talking about or any clue how to manually update it.
one even suggested i clear my stock browser cache/history.....those generic help from the book..omg..what are they teaching these people,they make them sound like idiots..

oh yes, clearing the cache from browser and history magically fixed the 4G...haha

when i first opened the box, this didnt display..but maybe a firmware caused this to pop up.

here is the resluts of me using ODIN and the stock img.tar.md5:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> ALL_SPT_L710TVPU0ANF4_L710TSPT0ANF4_1683363_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/005> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/005> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/005> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/005> tz.mbn
<ID:0/005> boot.img
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
<ID:0/005> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/005> persist.img.ext4
<ID:0/005> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/005> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/005> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/005> RES OK !!
<ID:0/005> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/005> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Removed!!

its back to the way it was when it was in the box

sprint page about iccid: https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/143514?start=135&tstart=0&&rememberMe=true

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I am pleased that everyone has been successful with this beings I have managed to turn three s3 into
Excellent Miniature I pads but
Have managed too loose my phone connection WiFi works great just can't call anyone I 've even used esi paid apps to only
Have it say wrong version.
So good luck to you all with your mods they can ruin your
Phone and don't try to restore from Ad cause Phil touch wipes ext from time to time
Not very happy with mods
Doug

Upvote 0
Well I am pleased that everyone has been successful with this beings I have managed to turn three s3 into
Have managed too loose my phone connection WiFi works great just can't call anyone I 've even used esi paid apps to only
Phone and don't try to restore from Ad cause Phil touch wipes ext from time to time
Not very happy with mods
Doug

What exactly did you do ?

Upvote 0
Not very happy with mods
Doug

Edit: Sorry, I confused your post with someone else. Are you using the SPH-L710 or L710T?
Keep in mind the mods you are trying to flash are for the SPH-710, not the T version. What did you do or have problems with because a lot of people have been installing mods for this phone for over a year and a half?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones