• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Anyone have trouble with MSL?

There was a way to get the MSL on the Optimus Elite using a computer and it required download mode and stuff and it was a long lengthy process but it worked. I do NOT know if it would be the same with this phone. But someone ended up making a kernel that made an actual text file with your MSL in it put into the system upon installation of said kernel. Sadly it wouldn't work on ours, but you could give the actual computer method a try maybe.

Upvote 0

LG has made a system call embeded in the firmware to only accept MSL changes.

You can edit the file, but until the network session shows enabled it wont work.

Ill look into working on the source code soon to remove these restrictions. For now only possible option is to adb shell from the computer and use logcat that way and type in a incorrect msl to force the phone to output the correct MSL. Also the function getprop ril.MSL has been locked out and disabled.

Upvote 0
Logcat applications will not work. Logcat is disabled to run as a service.

(Windows explanation can be duplicated on linux and osx)
1. Open cmd
2. CD to directory with adb.exe
3. Type adb shell
4. Type su
5. Type logcat

Now it will record all system events on pc screen. You will have to press cntrl+c to stop the application.
loonycgb2/ I tried Logcat from my PC. ([GUIDE][ADB]Easiest How to use adb, logcat, etc for noobs and newbies - xda-developers and your method)

"W/QComExtractorFactory( 258): Didn't match the sniff <=== status = 5
W/QComExtractorFactory( 258): Didn't match the sniff <=== status = 1
E/MM_OSAL ( 258): ValidateAACFile failed
W/QComExtractorFactory( 258): Didn't match the sniff <=== status = 1"

I cannot find MSL from logcat. Did you get MSL?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones