1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile/Sprint] battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dgo700, Oct 14, 2014.

1. dgo700

dgo700 Newbie

It seems my f3 is starting to die quicker than before and i barely use it.It used to last me around 15 hours with limited use now it lasts half of that with barely any use i aleady calibrated the battery but it still didnt help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nobreak1970

nobreak1970 Well-Known Member

Yeap same here although not as drastic.

3. DevoutDev

DevoutDev Android Enthusiast

I've noticed the same thing with mine. But I think mine is due to the fact its been over clocked and I've used this thing A LOT. It might just be that the battery is getting old. How long have you had the phone?

4. daffyducknj

daffyducknj Android Enthusiast

My awesome uncle gave me a 2,000ma portable charging unit to use with my phone, if I can't get to an outlet. I'm using it as I type this. It's something like this one:

[​IMG]

That's saved my bacon many times. Mine is brass colored. I plug it in when my phone has about 50-60% left in the tank. The F3 has a 2,450ma battery, so it works out for me. It usually takes about 6-7 hours for my phone to get to 50%. I have tried to improve this by removing most of the social media apps I use (at least the ones that have decent mobile web versions). I've also turned off auto sync. Social media apps are usually the culprit when it comes to battery drain, especially facebook. Extending sync to four hours and turning off notifications helps a little, but that app also sucks a lot of CPU!

5. dgo700

dgo700 Newbie

Hopefully we get some good roms in the future thats good for battery life.

daffyducknj and DevoutDev like this.
  6. daffyducknj

daffyducknj Android Enthusiast

I'd love that, too. So far, taking out the social media apps and turning off auto sync seems to be working for me. My phone's been away from a charger for 13 hours, and I have 71% left. I haven't watched much video, mostly web surfing, a few phone calls/texts, and a little bit of internet radio (through wifi) via tunein.

7. dgo700

dgo700 Newbie

Im going to try to use Deep Sleep battery Saver. It Used to save me tons of battery life on my Optimus Elite.

LG Optimus F3 Forum

The LG Optimus F3 release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews