• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] can you disable the auto reduction of volume in headphone?

jerrspud

Feb 24, 2012
Is there a way to stop if from turning down the volume? :hmmmm2:

I appreciate that it doesn't want me to hurt myself, but I use the jack in my car and not in headphones so I really won't hurt myself. It's irritating to adjusts my volume back every time I plug anything into the jack.

VM rooted :D

The xposed framework is a tool which will allow you to apply mods to your device without the need to flash anything. More info can be found here: [FRAMEWORK ONLY!] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs (2.4.1)(02.12.2013) - xda-developers

Once you installed, there are additional "modules" you can download from within the app that can theme, add additional features etc.

I'm currently running a couple of modules that improve my camera, remove certain persistent items from my notification bar and change my battery, signal and navigation buttons.

The Xblast module has an option to activate/deactivate the safe volume feature:

2014-01-30%2015.33.24.png

Whilst they're generally safe to use, it's probably best to have a way of returning to stock/factory resetting before a full boot just in case something goes wrong and your phone won't boot.

Reactions: jerrspud
Upvote 0
It's called XbatteryThemer and it's the Tachobattery Gauge.

You install the module, then download the themes for it from here: [Mod][Xposed]XBatteryThemer.V1.2 [Fixed, Updated 2013/11/21] - xda-developers

well I'm doing something wrong. got the team and click the restart button and nothing happens. I didn't see any change between either theme. The volume tweek does not seem to do anything with the check box in either state.

Is there something else that needs done?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-30-11-50-23[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-30-11-50-23[1].jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 0
well I'm doing something wrong. got the team and click the restart button and nothing happens. I didn't see any change between either theme. The volume tweek does not seem to do anything with the check box in either state.

Is there something else that needs done?

Is the module active in the modules screen?

Be sure to turn off every other battery theming option you might have. You also need to reboot (or at least restart System UI).

Upvote 0
Is the module active in the modules screen?

Be sure to turn off every other battery theming option you might have. You also need to reboot (or at least restart System UI).
You can in the screen shot it changed something on the icon, but it wasn't working right so I just restored my backup in CWR.

I did find a work around for the volume lowering.
Volume Locker
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hourdb.volumelocker

It's not a perfect solution because if you really do want to turn the volume down you need to turn the app off (easier) or acknowledge the notification that the volume had changed and you want to keep it.

The other good audio app I have is a volume booster. The audio was way too low out of the phone when compared to radio stations and my old phone. I liked the trial and bought the app
Volume Boost (trial)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiboweb.android.desiresoundunlocktrial

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones