1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Custom Rom progress?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nobreak1970, Sep 28, 2014.

1. nobreak1970

nobreak1970 Well-Known Member

How is it truly looking for us to get a custom (non-stock based) rom? No sugar coating please.
    You devs are awesome btw. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DevoutDev

DevoutDev Android Enthusiast

There should a working version of CyanogenMod for this device eventually. I have faith in Xclusive36 for getting that up and running.

Since the bootloader is locked down so hard, and fastboot can't unlock it, it seems that Loki is the only way to go for now, which is an extra step anyone making ROMs has to add.

Eventually there will be something, only time will tell

3. jerezer1985

jerezer1985 Newbie

I see that the metro pcs Optimus F3 has a custom rom for their phone couldnt that one be changed for the Virgin mobile Lg Optimus F3?

4. DevoutDev

Could you link me to the thread please?

5. sandix

sandix Android Enthusiast

I would like to see that ROM as well.

6. daffyducknj

daffyducknj Android Enthusiast

DevoutDev likes this.
  7. sandix

sandix Android Enthusiast

Yeah I think that's stock based as well.

8. nobreak1970

I basically did this to my stock v7, same look without the Xperion meme.

I used Xposed framework with Gravity Box, and the paid version of Xposed XGELS. :)

I bet it's pretty much the same rom now. I debloated the phone using NoBloat Free. The XGELS module, paid version lets you theme the GEL, aka the Google Now Launcher with any Nova/APEX theme icons. :) The Xposed AOSP Lock screen module let me put that on it. Only thing I don't have is the CM apps, nor do I have the Qslides app deactivated. XGELS lets you change the Google Now dock to Android L style without messing with the build.prop file.
    Added our Overclock V4 kernel and this thing is smoking. Gravity Box let me activate the Soft Keys/Nav Bar. Button Remapper let me reassign my capacitive back/menu buttons to other things. One of the modules, can't remember witch, let me change the action of the home button too. :)

UPDATE: I just changed my status bar icons to kitkat style white, and also can change the color of the status bar itself.

Pimped out.

9. ThePDW

ThePDW Member

Sooo, I have a rooted, Virgin Mobile v7 F3, can I install xposed? ie this version: [APP][JB][XPOSED] GravityBox v3.4.2 - tweak

10. DevoutDev

11. ThePDW

ThePDW Member

Coool, it works! Thanks for the suggestion! I would love to see a full-fledged custom ROM at some point though.

12. DevoutDev

Glad to see it worked out! Eventually there might be a ROM, only time will tell

13. compjake

compjake Lurker

I'm not making any guarantees but I'm working on a build of CM-10. Haven't gotten a test zip built yet but I should in a few days. It probably won't boot though.

14. DevoutDev

Awesome. I can test anything you would like.

15. nobreak1970

Count me in. Experienced tester here since CM 6. :)

16. ThePDW

ThePDW Member

On second thought, it seems my status bar always changes its color back after I change it. I rebooted and everything but it will switch the color and then after I turn the screen off and back on its often back to the original color. Any thoughts on why that might be?
    Some stuff works though--I changed the battery icon and that stays.

17. Kasenomateru

Kasenomateru Android Enthusiast

I know this is off topic and I apologize but Virgin Mobile released a new LG phone called the LG Tribute for $79....that's the same price i bought the F3 lol just thought I share that.

LG Optimus F3 Forum

The LG Optimus F3 release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews