1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile/Sprint] [DEV] Possible Avenue to Bootloader bypass?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DevoutDev, Oct 14, 2014.

1. DevoutDev

DevoutDev Android Enthusiast

gherkaul likes this.
  2. nobreak1970

nobreak1970 Well-Known Member

Do eeeeeeeeeeet!!! :)

Sounds like a possibility, although I know nothing of bootloaders.

3. DevoutDev

The devs of Bump' will be releasing the information on how to do it any day now, then I say first thing is to compile a Bump'ed TWRP to test if it will work for this device

4. sandix

sandix Android Enthusiast

If there is a way xclusive36 and myself will find a way!

I'll look into it now.

5. DevoutDev

The devs of bump' said they would release the information within a week as of 10/10

6. nobreak1970

I'm completely bumped up about this!!!!!

;)

DevoutDev likes this.
  7. DevoutDev

Hahaha so am I. I've been waiting to get a custom ROM on this phone since I got it in February. If only Loki worked properly for this phone

sandix likes this.
  8. sandix

@blondgod you're telling me! Lmao i still can't believe this phone isn't more popular. $40 + CM10/11 = AMAZING

DevoutDev likes this.
  9. nobreak1970

How does Loki not work properly? Our phone is in his tree right? Dan Rosen-something-or-other. ;)

10. DevoutDev

What I mean by Loki doesn't work properly is that we still haven't been able to get a custom ROM working with Loki. There have been things done with Loki, just no custom ROM

11. nobreak1970

Gotcha. thanks :)

12. jmpiv4

jmpiv4 Well-Known Member

Don't think is has anything to do with loki at all I'm able to boot MIUI port but get stuck halfway.

13. DevoutDev

What I mean is that we aren't able to get a booting ROM using Loki yet. That's all I'm saying. Its too bad because that would be totally awesome.

14. robaho

robaho Well-Known Member

Loki has nothing to do with it. I hoping to release a cm build this winter... hopefully.

sandix and bkttk2 like this.
  15. DevoutDev

All I am saying is that there is no custom ROM with Loki yet for this device. Lol

16. sandix

any news on this? I have been working with xclusie36, and we might need to use bump as loki does not seem to be working.

DevoutDev likes this.
  17. DevoutDev

Not quite yet, should be coming soon. I am keeping up with XDA and as soon as the devs post it, I will link it here

bkttk2 and sandix like this.
  18. sandix

Thanks @blondgod

DevoutDev likes this.
  19. DevoutDev

Still nothing new to report on Bump! sadly. Hopefully soon something will come up...

20. sandix

21. gherkaul

gherkaul Android Enthusiast

Well, at least we can still use loki after this newest update. LG has not bothered to patch the loki exploit...dodged the bullet again. We can still use the zv5 aboot image with loki for kernel modifications. So it's all good. :santaclaus:

22. DevoutDev

If loki is still working, how come we cant get a rom going?

I am going to try and work on using LOKI to get a rom started. I know others are working on it, but I want to give it a go.

23. gherkaul

Loki is not the cure for making a cm rom. Loki is just for patching modified kernels, either the boot and/or recovery image. That's it, no rom building involved. If you want to include an OC or custom kernel to your rom (which most dev's do) you will need to patch it with loki before adding it to the rom. I had to loki my recovery kernel for the same reason, it's a mod. Hope this helps you to understand better. :D

24. DevoutDev

I thought that Loki was a bypass sort of thing for the locked bootloader that this phone has, thats why I was wondering why we cant get a rom...

25. gherkaul

Yeaaah...see by-pass is not really a good choice of words to use. I have in the past been guilt of using it myself, I apologize for that. The actual word to use is 'tricks'. The patch on the kernel 'tricks' the bootloader into thinking it (the modified kernel) is secure (a stock LG kernel). Btw, the name "Loki" is just what it means. The Norse god of lies, deceit and 'trickery'.

Go here for a Q&A about loki. It will answer a lot of your question better then I can. :D

DevoutDev and sandix like this.

LG Optimus F3 Forum

The LG Optimus F3 release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews