• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Gallery only shows new pics

nyktovus

Feb 23, 2012
just got the new f3.. totally annoyed. put my sdcard in from the old motorola triumph, and it was being insane with it, mounting at /storage/external_SD... even though it had a /storage/sdcard0 as well (which the OS was dumping into..

rooted.

fixed mount point.

anyway, that aside, i noticed the gallery doesnt show any of my photos that are in the same folder as the pictures taken from the internal camera..

i take new pics and they show up.. in the same folder as everything, but the gallery only includes these photos and nothing else..

WTF!??

right now i'm finding the issue is far deeper... it has to do with the SC card being mounted at /storage/external_SD by default, and a folder /storage/sdcard0 being the original mountpoint.. a new firmware update created the external_SD one, but many programs still wanna store data in what 4.1.2 thinks is the sdcard (/storage/sdcard0)
WTF..

Upvote 0
I do not understand what you are talking about now...

sdcard0 = internal storage
external_SD = external SD

If you switched those mount points so the OS loads the external sd instead then you will be causing permission and file system issues as the f3 is ext4.

If you can explain better on what you did and what your trying to achieve i can help better.

Upvote 0
well the short answer is that all app data is landing in /storage/sdcard0 by default.. which is SO GHETTO.. why /storage/external_SD is separate is beyond me.
so my initial idea was to mount the external SD card to the /storage/sdcard0 folder :) it worked, but damn did it start shit.

so i've been trying to do this: http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-f3/801368-mod-app2external_sd-fixed-duplicate-files-2.html

but so far no luck.. so i've been replying to that thread.

too bad there isnt a quick way to symlink sdcard0 inside the external_SD :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones