1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Help with Link2SD

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thagheist3, Dec 20, 2013.

1. thagheist3

thagheist3 Newbie
    None

Oct 7, 2013
    I set up the partitions, Fat32 and ext4 but my phone doesn't mount the SD card? I also wanted to know how to set it up so I can play injustice and a few of my other games? I have the obb and apk backed up from my old phone so I don't have to download the whole game again just transfer it. Any help? Games would be injustice, final fantasy 1,3,4. Other than that the rest of the games can sit on my internal as they are barely 40mb

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    As far as the backup, put it on the phone and run it. An apk is actually an installer for the app it's an apk of.

The SD card? Did you partition it on the phone? Did you format the FAT32 partition on the phone. Sometimes, doing these things on a computer gives the phone a card it won't use.

Have you put the card into a computer? Did you see the FAT32 partition? If not, I'd suspect a bad card. Do you have access to Linux (even a live CD)? Run Linux and see what the card looks like (if it looks like anything at all). If Linux will mount it, GPartEd should give you a working card or a useful error message.

3. thagheist3

thagheist3 Newbie
    None

Oct 7, 2013
    It did something wrong in format fixed now. Only problem is installing games like injustice as its a 1GB game and I don't know how to install it using GL without putting it on internal first.

4. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Android Expert
    None

Aug 18, 2012
    Male
    You formatted it to ext4 which I believe is what this phone uses for its primary system partition. This is why most links2sd guides recommend ext2. Reformat it to fat32 and ext2 then give it a try it works perfect for me. But I used a computer and mini partition wizard to format it.

As for the really big games, use GL to SD from the Play store. That will symbolically link the obb files to your external sdcard. It will still show the files on the internal tho, and it will show details on them taking space, but if you look at your memory, it really doesn't take space, so don't be confused.

5. loonycgb2

loonycgb2 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 4, 2013
    Male
    CNC Machinist
    Houston, TX
    If you are going to use ext4 you need to set the partition as secondary/slave and not master.

If set as master then the main system sdcard partition will not mount correctly so if set as master as ext4 you will need to rename the partition.

ext2 is slower and ext4 is faster and much better cache settings.

6. thagheist3

thagheist3 Newbie
    None

Oct 7, 2013
    Any game above XXX though it won't download says insufficient space :p such as Injustice haha that's mainly the game I want to have again but it's no biggie :) I got it all set up and running smoothly with FF and others minus anything over 1gb :p those ones don't like me to well but it's okay

7. manymarius73

manymarius73 Member
    None

Dec 21, 2013
    What's the difference between link2sd and GLtoSD? the directions make it seem like the same concept, except with link2SD you just start it with the icon?

8. sdforum

sdforum Lurker
    None

Aug 30, 2014