• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Help with USB Debugging

thenab

Mar 8, 2014
My aunt has this pone LG VM720 Optimus F3. It has a broken screen and she needs to backup some things and transfer them to a new phone. My plan is to use Droid@Screen or something similar to display the phone's screen onto the computer so i can still use it and see what I'm doing. The problem is i need to enable USB Debugging in order to get it working. So if someone could upload screenshots or pictures or even a video, any would be fine, of all the steps required so that I can blindly unlock Developer Options and turn on USB Debugging to get Droid@Screen working. Thanks in advanced :D

*EDIT*
If anyone knows any other way to enable USB Debugging that would be even more helpful

My aunt has this pone LG VM720 Optimus F3. It has a broken screen and she needs to backup some things and transfer them to a new phone. My plan is to use Droid@Screen or something similar to display the phone's screen onto the computer so i can still use it and see what I'm doing. The problem is i need to enable USB Debugging in order to get it working. So if someone could upload screenshots or pictures or even a video, any would be fine, of all the steps required so that I can blindly unlock Developer Options and turn on USB Debugging to get Droid@Screen working. Thanks in advanced :D
won't be able to do it as you need to scroll and press exact locations.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the support guys, I really appreciate it. Seems like it should be easy enough to pull off. So developer options is in the settings by default? No tapping the build number to enable them on this phone? And is usb debugging automatically ticked after pressing developing options and tapping ok on the pop up or do i have to tap usb debugging and press ok on another pop up that comes up after that?

Upvote 0
Thank you for the support guys, I really appreciate it. Seems like it should be easy enough to pull off. So developer options is in the settings by default? No tapping the build number to enable them on this phone? And is usb debugging automatically ticked after pressing developing options and tapping ok on the pop up or do i have to tap usb debugging and press ok on another pop up that comes up after that?
It should be in settings by default, and no it will not be ticked.

Reactions: thenab
Upvote 0
I found a vvm folder on the internal that has a temp folder in it with an AMR audio file I transferred it to the computer and it was a voicemail hopefully I'll be able to get all the others to show up in that temp folder and copy them over

*EDIT* i found out that you can go into visual voicemail and select all the voicemails you want to save and send them to archive which saves them into the internal storage in my case. the problem i ran into after than was when i plugged in the phone to the computer and looked in the smvvm on the computer i didnt see anything in there but using a file manager on the phone i could see them, so i compressed the smvvm folder into a .zip with the phone file manager which i could then drag to the desktop and unzip and have all the voicemails backed up to the computer

Thanks again for all the help :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones