1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Inverted Messaging / MMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NetSpeedZ, Oct 17, 2014.

1. NetSpeedZ

NetSpeedZ Android Enthusiast

Looking for a tutorial on how to modify the LGUSMms.apk to add an 'inverted' or 'dark' theme to the 'skins'. Any assistance would be appreciated.

------------

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DevoutDev

DevoutDev Android Enthusiast

Although I can't help you with the changing of the skin, have you thought about using a different texting app? There are a few really good ones that have "dark" or "night" modes

3. DevoutDev

Also, there are full themes for the phone that you might be able to look at and see if you like them

4. nobreak1970

nobreak1970 Well-Known Member

8SMShas a very nice holo dark thing going.

5. NetSpeedZ

Currently using 8SMS and although it does have a nice dark theme, it sometimes becomes slow to start (very annoying) and there is no individual notification settings.

Appreciate the feedback.

------------

6. NetSpeedZ

I have tried the different themed ROM's. Nice themes, however, not for me.

------------

DevoutDev likes this.
  7. DevoutDev

I would suggest Textra (I think it won't work as it might only be for 4.4.x) but you might try looking for it. Also I've tried Handcent which you can get themes for

8. NetSpeedZ

Textra does not support unread message counts for custom launchers. Already tried Handsent - too slow in starting up.

------------

9. DevoutDev

What about GoSMS?

10. NetSpeedZ

Tried GoSMS - too bulky and slow. That's why I'm looking for a tutorial on how to modify/add skins to LG's version of the stock MMS. It's much faster and looks good. Just need a dark theme.

------------

11. DevoutDev

Okay, I will message someone who can help with you that and ask them if they would mind taking a look at your post.

12. DevoutDev

Upon consoling with the other member I mentioned, because what you're asking is VERY time consuming, we simply don't have the time to explain all of the steps and walk you through it.

My suggestion would be to look up theming tutorials, and start with the deodexed stock ROM.

With that said, I am welcome to help you with any technicalities about it, and I wish you the best of luck.

Sorry I'm not much of a help :p

13. NetSpeedZ

Found another solution. Installed Resflux Xposed Module. Very handy module that allows the modification of any app's colors (and other resources) right from the phone. Should do what I need it to.

------------

Wm7Long and DevoutDev like this.

LG Optimus F3 Forum

The LG Optimus F3 release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews