• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] JokeROM...T-Mobile software on the Virgin Mobile F3

the problem I mention is back it is this
this thing on the display appears on my apps photos and play store

Attachments

• IMG_20141227_174752.jpg
    IMG_20141227_174752.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0
This phone doesn't have the hardware to run T-Mobile. T-Mobile is GSM and Virgin Mobile is CMDA, it most likely will never connect to a T-Mobile cell tower.
That depends on the country.
Example: Virgin Mobile in Australia is GSM based.

But yes, in america, VM is CDMA. theoretically you could use t-mobile LTE/4G but the Virgin Mobile Optimus F3 might not have the T-Mobile bands for LTE either.

In MOST CDMA devices (other than LGG2/G3, & Nexus devices) the SIM card slot is used strictly for LTE. (Not saying you couldn't use it for GSM, because my Sprint Nexus 5 works on all networks ATT, Verizon, Virgin, Metro, T-Mobile, Boost, etc.)

Upvote 0
Just so you guys know, the cm rom on this forum was originally a gsm rom. It's now a cdma rom. I haven't looked into this rom so I don't know what's in it but i'm sure most of the settings you would need to look at are in the build.prop file. The rest should be in the system/etc folder.

See the thing is, T-Mobile only uses GSM so we wouldn't be able to make this phone connect to T-Mobile, even if we made the ROM CDMA, it wouldn't help us.

Thanks for your input however.

Upvote 0
No, I am saying that this phone can never work on the T-Mobile network. T-Mobile only uses GSM and converting the ROM to CDMA would not benefit

I think were thinking of two different things . The point I was trying to make is that the rom is a gsm rom that can be ported to work with our phones cell and data. Not that our phone could be converted to GSM. We don't have the hardware.

Upvote 0
I think were thinking of two different things . The point I was trying to make is that the rom is a gsm rom that can be ported to work with our phones cell and data. Not that our phone could be converted to GSM. We don't have the hardware.
Well, the reason this ROM was created is so that us T-Mobile users may use this phone for T-Mobile. It is a perfectly stock rom, and making it work on Virgin Mobile would be Redundant.

I hope you understand what I am getting at :)

Upvote 0
This is for the people that need a backup phone and have extensive WiFi coverage, because WiFi-Calling the the only telephony service that works when a provisioned SIM is installed. Literally I just dumped /system in a zip, removed Metro bloat and stuck in the Virgin kernel. It's a Frankenstein creation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones