1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] LG Optimus F3 Initial Impressions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by portezbie, Aug 1, 2013.

1. portezbie

portezbie Android Enthusiast

Just got this phone yesterday and overall I am very happy with it. It was also quick and easy to root.

My initial impressions:

Pros:
    -Great price
    -Fast
    -Fast 4G
    -Qslide is pretty neat, but I probably won't use it much
    -I like the Led light around the home button
    -Gorilla glass 2
    -Comes with very little bloat
    -The Quick Memo feature is pretty neat, but I also probably won't use it much
    -Comes with Android 4.1.2 which is fairly current.
    -great battery life (so far)

Cons:
    -plastic casing feels very cheap, definitely buy a case
    -soft buttons for the back and menu and a physical button for home is kinda strange to me
    -external speaker is rather meh

Advertisement

j1232 likes this.
  2. saintcala

saintcala Newbie

Its no S4, but who cares. Its the essentials very well. The price is very nice for what your getting.

3. portezbie

I'm definitely happy.

4. fjohn23123

fjohn23123 Lurker

are you able to use it as a hot spot? on VM? if so, how(link if available)? thanks.

5. portezbie

I don't know of any way to do this, but I haven't really tried either. Not something I really need.

6. skarface1988

skarface1988 Well-Known Member

Not at the moment but I will let you know if I find something useful.

fjohn23123 likes this.
  7. elgecko

elgecko Android Enthusiast

I haven't tried it, something I don't normally need or use but would think with the phone rooted, I'd bet one of the Google Play apps would work.

8. skarface1988

skarface1988 Well-Known Member

I already tryed that. And after rooting it kills my battery even faster for some reason. But it be good to have cause you can use your laptop or tablet on the go..

9. jamstewonline

jamstewonline Well-Known Member

Got this phone the other day. So far i like it. getting used to the physical home button in the middle gonna take some getting used to. Have not rooted yet, not sure if i am going to since boot loader is locked. time will tell will only miss a few apps that need root access but probably can live without them.

10. j1232

j1232 Well-Known Member

Just got this phone today. . anyone root it successfully?

11. Its alright prefer my rise over any phone on vm current line up given its qwerty and not just straight touch lmfao

12. Motochopper provides a one-click solution. I'm brand new to android, so I've already reset and rerooted 10+ times. Never had an issue. Good luck, and post back if you see CM or other ROMS popping up; considering porting one myself, but as I'm an iOS convert with only 3 days experience, I'll probably fry the phone before I can post it :).

13. Entropic

Entropic Newbie

14. calitrippin

calitrippin Well-Known Member

I have tried it using portable wi-fi hotspot app from google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.core.technology.wifi.hotspot it works however after first set up I couldn't get back in to change the name or security settings, so get it right the first time or try a different app, I could turn the hotspot on and off though

edit: didn't work, showed connection but couldn't connect to internet from it, so those apps don't work, phone may not be capable of it as it is

15. whbisondtr

whbisondtr Well-Known Member

Has anyone come from the evo 3D (v 4g) to this? If so, comparable, better, worse? Im looking for an inexpensive lte but i dont want to go backwards lol. Thanks

RedBear's Evo 3D

16. beaviskob1

beaviskob1 Member

I did and am happy having a phone that lasts all day when using it! 4g lte faster than wimax using link2sd I have a lot of programs loaded. The only short fall I have found so far is lack of roms. I have customized and soft bricked but brought it right back due to the fine users of this forum. I say it costs half as much as the 3d but is twice the phone.

whbisondtr likes this.
  17. whbisondtr

whbisondtr Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks.. Im not too concerned about roms at this point, just looking for a good lte phone. I loved my op v, for what it was, so thought I'd look into this one. Hows the audio on it? Im a bit of an audiophile, and been on blurom on the 3D in part for his sound enhancements.

RedBear's Evo 3D

18. beaviskob1

beaviskob1 Member

audio not the best (one speaker in the back) I don't use head phones so I must defer to others.

whbisondtr likes this.