1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile/Sprint] ls720zv8 lost root while v7 rooted fine, info needed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kaylsey, Nov 1, 2014.

1. kaylsey

kaylsey Newbie

Edit: Need root for ls720zv8
    Did a factory reset
    Stump root, towel root, xmodgame root all no success *.*
    C recent post below.
    <3 Kaylsey

Hello forum,
    I have searched and found some info but not veey clear info for what i need to do. I jave serveral lgOf3s. I allowed the v8 update on two of them and now root has been lost and programs such as towelroot and xmod rooting will not work.
    - i am inquiring for info on how to roll back to v7.
    I have found app to block the swsyem swoftware update to stop(disable services) in pay store. But first need to downgrade back to v7.
    Any and all help will me much appreceiated xd
    *K*<3

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bkttk2

bkttk2 Android Enthusiast

Discussed in VM portion of forum. Thread Comments on rooting etc.

3. bkttk2

bkttk2 Android Enthusiast

NeoZiggy likes this.
  4. kaylsey

kaylsey Newbie

Thank for the steriotypical know it all answer. As i said above i check this foruma and lgf3 pages and couldnt get a clear walkthrew for rolling back to v7 from 8. Bit thanks for tryn

5. kaylsey

kaylsey Newbie

6. kaylsey

kaylsey Newbie

Side note. Has any one every jad a probelm w towel root as far as secrity? A while ago when it was workingmy phone informed me about the app attemting to access some securities. I forget the exact warning message. Butwanted to see if any one can say this is an unsafe or safe app.

7. gherkaul

gherkaul Android Enthusiast

The only thing you can do at this point is use the Unbrick Guide to flash the zv7 firmware. It provides a step-by-step guide to setting up and using the LG Flash Tool (LGFT). Without root and a nandroid backup there is no other way to rollback a firmware version. As far as Towel root goes, I have not heard anything bad. If you prefer to use something else though, Stump will root zv7 too.

NeoZiggy likes this.
  8. NeoZiggy

NeoZiggy Android Enthusiast

I uninstalled the app after rooting. No need to keep it installed. I have it on my SDcard just incase I need to install it and root again.

9. kaylsey

kaylsey Newbie

Yes i did end up doing that and noticing that i remained rooted. But then that was all before this terrible.mess.

10. kaylsey

kaylsey Newbie

This title must have good keybwords it popped up first item in google while i was searching for methods to root v8. Xd

Guys im so stuck, atm im trying to go w the flowand run v8. Using my other phones that still have v7 are a pain. I am rooted but unable to get rit of the auto system update pop upthat kickes me off tasks. So making the phone for.gaming isless.

My objective is to find a way to root v8 . I did a factory reset and tried stump root.
    No sucess w stump root ( even w it saying device rooted).....

Please can some one help me. Im by no means a programer/ super smart w this stuff. I jist want to be able to root my.phone again.
    Any info for rooting my phone as it is.now would be so much appreceated. Youtube videos are awsome as well. I find trying to rrad these diys w all there abrevations very jard to follow.
    As always <3 Kaylsey

11. NeoZiggy

NeoZiggy Android Enthusiast

You will need to follow the unbrick method to bring the phone back to v7. Do not root. Wait for the update for v8 and install, then use Stump to root.

Your problem is because you were rooted when you did the upgrade. Stump is showing a false positive, thinking that your rooted.

12. roadkill42

roadkill42 Android Expert

try root master

LG Optimus F3 Forum

The LG Optimus F3 release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews