1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] No DATA/Wifi-tether while in active call. please explain this.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pistol_, Dec 27, 2013.

1. pistol_

pistol_ Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2013
    My Virgin Mobile Samsung Victory took a crap last night, I had to replace it with a Virgin Mobile Optimus f3.
    My victory was running the Victorious ROM with Wife-Tether treve-mod. With This I was able to make Calls and use the internet at the same time.

After Rooting my New Optimus f3 and installing Treve-mod everything works great until a Call comes in or I make a call, After either of these happen My 3g/4g Data bar disappears and I have no Internet connection.

Could someone point me in the right direction so I can use the Radio and Data at the same time?

To be more specific. Whether in 3g, or 4g. The data indicator shuts off on the phone, and data stops working on the phone until the call is ended.

Advertisement

2. Sharkhunter45

Sharkhunter45 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 4, 2012
    Male
    Chicago, Illinois
    If i remember correctly, CDMA phones usually cant do data and voice at the same time. Having never installed this mod before, I cant really help you out :p are you sure it installed correctly? Did you reboot once or twice to see if that changed anything?

Oh, also this phone is finnicky with tethering, so that may be your issue as well

3. calitrippin

calitrippin Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 12, 2012
    Male
    San Diego, Ca
    from my understanding of the way the network works, if you are on 4g you should be able to do voice and data at the same time, because voice will go over 3g and data over 4g, since they have separate antennas, however on 3g you can only do one or the other unless you make calls through a data call app like google voice

4. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Android Expert
    None

Aug 18, 2012
    Male
    You can use WiFi while on the phone tho lol.