• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Odex to Deodex stock please help...a quandary. <UPDATE>

nobreak1970

May 10, 2012
I have a unique situation here.
I bought the F3. I got home and immediately flashed it with the LG Flash tool with their v7 files.
When we do that...it isn't a Virgin Mobile phone yet technically. It is an LG stock phone with a couple of sprint system files in it.
The first OTA update that is pushed after this is done is the VM customization.

I froze the OTA files so that wouldn't happen. So it remained a stock LG F3.
I flashed it to Page Plus. That is my quandary.
I am not willing to flash a full Deodex version of v7. It will kill my page plus flash. Believe me I've tried it on other phones.

Are the odex files only in the system/app directory?
If so, can I just flash the /system from the deodex rom to my current rom???
Help?
I gotta get rid of the stupid Qslide and toggle bar!

To fully deodex, it would need to be /system/app and /system/framework
If you deodex /system/framework, you need to deodex /system/app as well.

but
You can deodex /system/app only and leave /system/framework alone.

but with that said, if the remove qslide didn't work for you before, it may not work after you deodex. On the other hand, if it does, you didn't do it right the first time.

Upvote 0
Well here goes:

I messed up my phone trying to get rid of Qslide. It was my fault for not backing up the odex file before deleting it. :(

For the hell of it I dirty installed your deodexed v7 rom.
Well it flashed...system, and the kernel. Skipped data and other things during the flash for some reason. All I needed was to get my /system back working.
My phone is now fully deodexed. I didn't lose one bit of data. I'm still rooted. My Page Plus flash stuck with it as well. :)

Good stuff....no more QSlide!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones