1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile/Sprint] OK. I lied.. OC V7 is here !!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by robaho, Nov 14, 2014.

1. robaho

robaho Well-Known Member

I present over-clock kernel V7.

Additional features:

performance updates
    latest (improved) "on demand" frequency driver
    fixed kernel panic (reboot) on hardware timer
    latest wifi driver - improves location using wifi
    better power management with bluetooth
    modules provided and compiled with gcc 4.9

Again, use at your own risk. Flash with CWM...

oc V7.zip

4_f0x, slkpmp, acrufox and 4 others like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rklatte

rklatte Newbie

Thanks robaho!

So far so good, flashed with no problems. Seems almost snappier than before. Will have to wait a couple battery cycles before reporting on battery.

For what it's worth I had no issues with V6.

3. Okraman

Okraman Lurker

Tried it out today and could see my wifi network but couldn't connect. The nofrills settings seemed to work fine though. Might have to try a redownload and reflash. I also was using v6 before and didn't have issues. Thanks for these kernels robaho! :)

4. robaho

robaho Well-Known Member

the WiFi driver code was updated in v7. would need details on your WiFi setup to do any diagnostics.

5. So I'm running v6 can i just flash this in CWM? I have some custom themeing done on the stock rom will that be affected?

6. sandix

sandix Android Enthusiast

I will only flash the kernel so your theme should be fine. Flash in CWM.

just make sure to DO A BACKUP!!!!!

7. DevoutDev

DevoutDev Android Enthusiast

Thanks for allowing me to use your kernel for the ROM I'm modifying. Greatly appreciated. I love it!

8. 4_f0x

4_f0x Newbie

My phone locks up at boot logo after flashing this kernel. Have tried 2 different downloads. I can reboot into cwm and restore, then everything comes back fine, but after I flash the kernel and reboot, it stops at the lg logo and never goes further. I've wiped the cache and dalvik cache, do I need to try a factory reset? Rather not if I don't need to. Anyone else run into this? Thanks.

9. roadkill42

roadkill42 Android Expert

Probly going to have to do a factory reset I make back up first:)

4_f0x likes this.
  10. 4_f0x

4_f0x Newbie

I have a backup:) Can I factory reset, flash kernel, then use advanced restore to get everything except the kernel back? If I can, what do I need to restore and not restore? thanks

11. roadkill42

I never tried doing the advance restore can't help in that sorry

12. 4_f0x

4_f0x Newbie

Flashed again, then did factory reset, but still hung up at boot logo. I can always boot into recovery after pulling the battery, so not losing anything:) I'm just disappointed I cant get it to work. This is the only overclocked kernel I can find for this phone, id really like to get it working. I'll have to try some more and see if anything works. Thanks for the help!

13. 4_f0x

4_f0x Newbie

Is cwm touch the right version to use for this? Just crossed my mind dont see for sure

14. 4_f0x

4_f0x Newbie

Have tried v6 and v7 multiple times in every way I can think of. Factory reset, wipe cache, etc. Even flashed just the boot.img with flashify, powered off, and tried to reboot. Always stops at the first lg logo. I can pull the battery, reboot to cwmt, and restore, but just won't boot with the kernel. Does anyone know for sure which version of cwm this is for? I have the touch version from the root guide on this forum. I couldn't find a regular version for the f3 anywhere. It isn't the philz version is it? I don't see it specifically anywhere, and maybe it wouldn't make any difference, but I just don't have any idea why else it wouldn't work. Thanks all!

15. roadkill42

There is twrp look through the threads u find it

4_f0x likes this.
  16. 4_f0x

4_f0x Newbie

I just saw at the top of this thread it says flash with cwm so I switched to that recovery and tried. I'll go back to twrp and try that. Cant hurt. I thought custom kernels only work with the certain recovery they're made for, just not sure which recovery this kernel is for. I'll try them all and if nothing changes I can eliminate that as the problem;) we'll see. Thanks!

17. roadkill42

No problem

4_f0x likes this.
  18. robaho

robaho Well-Known Member

you need the v5 aboot image...

#18 robaho, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    4_f0x likes this.
  19. roadkill42

yea what he said I forgot about that:)

20. 4_f0x

4_f0x Newbie

Thanks didn't realize that. My bad:(I have the v5 aboot zip downloaded, is it safe to flash on rooted v8 without any changes?

21. roadkill42

Think so ?

22. 4_f0x

4_f0x Newbie

Thanks I'll try it

23. roadkill42

Make sure u have back up:)

24. 4_f0x

4_f0x Newbie

Copy that, never leave home without it;)
    Yeah, flashing v5 aboot did the trick. Don't know how I missed that. After that, I flashed the kernel and worked perfect. Cpu slider goes right up to 1.8mhz. Sweet! Nice work robaho!

25. dash134

dash134 Lurker

can some one re-upload the overclock version7 kernel. i would like to install it on my sprint optimus f3. any file hosting site is fine. what is the proper way to install the kernel.

LG Optimus F3 Forum

The LG Optimus F3 release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews