1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Outside help for custom ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nobreak1970, Oct 12, 2014.

1. nobreak1970

nobreak1970 Well-Known Member

Not to knock any of our hard working devs here, but has it been considered to ask for some assistance from someone or two at XDA to help with this? I see in their misc. development forum SO MANY devices with CM and other custom roms. Our phone isn't something unique. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

You ask that a dev help most of us are working devs from xda what are you seeking help with on a custom ROM
    If a ETA . that is one BIG BIG No No. Never ask for eta on someone's work that they provide on their free time. Next thing is platforms are changing like candy flavors went from 4.2.2 aka 10.1 then to 4.4.4 which is KitKat and while we talk about the kat we have the android L that is starting to come toward . some devs want to provide something good . and good and excellent work takes time and a lot of beer .

3. nobreak1970

nobreak1970 Well-Known Member

I'm not new to the game. No insult intended.
    Honest question....thanks for the answer.

BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  4. jmpiv4

jmpiv4 Well-Known Member

I don't see anything wrong with it, he's not asking for eta he's asking if we need help or at least help finding help. And there are some issues that another dev might have better insight then we have. And I know for a fact that at least a couple us devs on this board wouldn't turn it down. Asking if someone could help in anyway to shorten the eta is not the same as asking for an eta. Most of us at least in this board are doing this to get a custom rom, not necessarily for the recognition.

ps: sorry if I'm rambling hard day and I'm tired

devilschild26 and BRAINZ2013 like this.

LG Optimus F3 Forum

The LG Optimus F3 release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews